Acer aspire one d255 setup is starting services loop

digistope

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
"On the same error screen press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up a black Window. (a command prompt window) 2) In the black windows type the word "regedit"(without the inverted commas and hit enter. That will open the registry editor. In the Registry Editor.. Browse to.... HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion, and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe. if the value is 1 change it to 3.(by double clicking on setup.exe and changing the value shown in the box). Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window. Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete. just try it and let me know if it worked."

I tried the above and rebooted, I still get the dreaded "Setup is starting services" loop

thanks
Kevin

Try the information found HERE which is also dealing with an Acer laptop and having the same problems you are.

bowser30202

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
Not an answer, merely praise for digistope. That totally worked for me. U r a lifesaver and I hope that the woman (or man) of ur dreams surprises you with reciprocated affection. Many thanks.

mrmrman

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

This didn't work for me either, I ended up taking out a stick of memory and booted to cd with my Windows 7 cd and it allowed me to reinstall windows. After install, i simply put stick of memory back into the system.

Imranali40

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
When you see that error press the main power button till system shutdown properly.again press power button and press Alt + F10 it will take to you system E recovery then select factory restore point and your system will work 100%
Thank you
Imran akbar
More Information or help call 07538730879

lakeskiwi

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Hi, Praise for digistope from me also, this worked for me, thanks. But how the hell did you figure this out?

NSmith367

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

I had the same problem. I just followed the F10 instructions. Then got the setup is starting services loop. I turned of the computer wack ed it when it got to the starting services loop. Now my system is restored. Thanks for posting the f10 help. This saved me lots of files! I had lots of pictures not backup up now I can back them up. Thanks again.

windowsboo

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015

Hey this worked for me great months, maybe a year ago. The problem is back. I went to do the same fix, but once I get to HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP ... there is no STATUS .. I also did a search for ChildCompletion and nothing showed up.

balong18

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

sheilad612758

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

JohnLe1988

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
So with this problem "Setup is starting services and then windows cant not be installed...." . The problem is all about the ISO file that u have downloaded was broken or missing the informations. So there is no need to go to internet and waste of ur time looking around with all the answer which is changing the commande prompt or etc... All you need todo is go to Microsoft.com click to Support then chose Contact Us then roll down chose Services & apps. Then it'll lead you to a chat window with technician but u need to have a hotmail account . Anyway in the sign in window you have an option to create your Microsoft account so dont worry too much just fill in ur information and create your account then you can chat with the technician. Repair your Windows Keys serial which attached in the sticker down under your laptop or on the side or on top of your PC. Then explain the technician your situation. And asking him for the link to download the correct ISO from Microsoft. Ask him to help you which version of Windows is the correct onef or your computer if u dont have any idea about it. So provide him your keys serial then voila he'll give u a link to download your correct version of ISO file. Then ask him to provide you the program to create ISO file bootable for USB and DVD which really easy to install and to use from Microsoft. Then there you go u can reinstall your windows without encountering the stupid Setup is Starting Services. John Le from Paris with love;);)!