Sign in with
Your question

Acer aspire one d255 setup is starting services loop

Last response: in Windows 7
January 19, 2013 11:58:35 PM

"On the same error screen press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up a black Window. (a command prompt window) 2) In the black windows type the word "regedit"(without the inverted commas and hit enter. That will open the registry editor. In the Registry Editor.. Browse to.... HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion, and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe. if the value is 1 change it to 3.(by double clicking on setup.exe and changing the value shown in the box). Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window. Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete. just try it and let me know if it worked."

I tried the above and rebooted, I still get the dreaded "Setup is starting services" loop

thanks
Kevin
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 12:28:25 AM

digistope said:
"On the same error screen press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up a black Window. (a command prompt window) 2) In the black windows type the word "regedit"(without the inverted commas and hit enter. That will open the registry editor. In the Registry Editor.. Browse to.... HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion, and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe. if the value is 1 change it to 3.(by double clicking on setup.exe and changing the value shown in the box). Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window. Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete. just try it and let me know if it worked."

I tried the above and rebooted, I still get the dreaded "Setup is starting services" loop

thanks
Kevin

Try the information found HERE which is also dealing with an Acer laptop and having the same problems you are.
m
l
August 3, 2014 9:38:06 PM

Not an answer, merely praise for digistope. That totally worked for me. U r a lifesaver and I hope that the woman (or man) of ur dreams surprises you with reciprocated affection. Many thanks.
m
l
!