Dell XPS 1530

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavenderLuxe25

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hello,

I just purchased the used notebook from my office who had this for almost a year of use for gaming purposes. Prior to them handing it over to me the wiped it clean to protect for liability reasons. I am left with an error message that ays it needs network driver but how do I dl it and where do I begin being that I canot even get on the internet from this computer, I mean literally this is wiped out..it is a vista and i believe windows is gone too. zplease help me, I am a female and you know i am just clueless about computers.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
If you have a desktop screen than it is not completely wiped as it has an operating system. Just google dell support from another machine and go to the dell website and type in either the model number or preferably the Tag number I believe it is either 8 or 10 digit number alpha numeric on the back of the laptop. This will pull up a list of the specific drivers for your laptop. Download to a thumbdrive and then plug in to your system and install. If your computer laptop has NO operating system then all you should be seeing is a black screen that says no boot drive found. Then you will need to begin by installing Windows from the CD but it sounds like you don't need to do that.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
if you go to dell.com and enter in the service tag which you will see on the bottom of the machine. It will give the original configuration as shipped from dell and can give you links to all the correct drivers for your particular machine.

Hope that helps.

LavenderLuxe25

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Thank you Everyone for your help! I can do this from a desktop we have 2 of them. I will try this and let you know how it turned out. I still have the OS on my computer I'm seeing a taskbar at the top with the Programs it may still have included

LavenderLuxe25

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I have tried to do as all the above mentioned. I input the tag and pulled up the driver assoc. with my machine, placed them onto the thumb drive and inserted into my laptop and downloaded them but it is asking me to get on the net to perform the task. It will not allow me to use these drivers for some odd reason, does anyone have any other suggestions? I know that the OS has been cleaned and Windows Vista is still in tact. this is the 4G 32 Bit, centrion included..I wonder if anyone can help me get this computer to work as I dont have anyone with computer knowledge or is technically educated. I do appreciate all of your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.