I'm running a small private NetHack server for some friends and I'm
having some trouble with the thing where you get the scores by using
"-s" as a command line parameter. I've tried plain "-s", "-s all", "-s"
followed by player names, etc. Is there a way I can make it list only
one score per name? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Garrison Benson <DenNorskeGutten@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running a small private NetHack server for some friends and I'm
> having some trouble with the thing where you get the scores by using
> "-s" as a command line parameter. I've tried plain "-s", "-s all", "-s"
> followed by player names, etc. Is there a way I can make it list only
> one score per name? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried "nethack -su playername" ?
On Solaris seem to work.

Bye
Kurtolo

On my machine it does the same thing as -s playername. : (

Garrison Benson wrote:

> I'm running a small private NetHack server for some friends and I'm
> having some trouble with the thing where you get the scores by using
> "-s" as a command line parameter. I've tried plain "-s", "-s all",
> "-s" followed by player names, etc. Is there a way I can make it list
> only one score per name? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can. However, you may recompile from the source, and
specify in on of the configuration files that only one score per name
should be remembered.

I'm not sure whether this would mean one score per name *per role*,
though.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).