BSOD on new build Windows 7 64-bit

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
I built this rig 3 weeks ago. Never had any glitches or problems. Just randomly today while web browsing I got a BSOD. I don't know how to access the BSOD files to see the cause. Can someone please help me troubleshoot, i've never dealt with this before. I don't overclock just so everyone knows. I ran prime 95 for about an hour with all passes and perfect temps. Please help.

Solution
Its a new PC and only 3 weeks old as you mentioned. This is normal for New Builds and there is nothing to worry about now.

It is purely a driver issue and you will just have to give it time. Eventually all or the most important drivers will be update via Windows update or other sources.

Its a good practice to check your hardware OEM websites at least once every 6 months for updates.

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

I analyzed via whocrashed and it said i have 2 minidump logs on 1/20/2013...why is that date wrong? I can't read details without buying the professional version too.

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
Ok I used a different program and got these readings.

Dump File: 011913-16036-01.dmp

Bug Check String: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code: 0x000000d1

Caused by Driver: L1C62x64.sys

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

No it was just once (so far). I updated the atheros ethernet driver via gigabytes website. Hopefully its fixed. This is definitely a ethernet driver error and not a hardware error or anything of that nature right? I only ask because Im still under warranty with these parts so I want to find the source of this issue asap. BTW thanks for responding

If it recurs in the future you may have to consider a hardware issue, it's not unheard of, but you may have to prove the rest of your setup before RMA-ing your Board. Driver most likely, but if you start getting random BSODs there may be a breakdown occurring elsewhere. Just have to wait and see!

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

Thanks for the info lets just hope it was just the driver lol, I'll keep updating this thread if it happens again.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Its a new PC and only 3 weeks old as you mentioned. This is normal for New Builds and there is nothing to worry about now.

It is purely a driver issue and you will just have to give it time. Eventually all or the most important drivers will be update via Windows update or other sources.

Its a good practice to check your hardware OEM websites at least once every 6 months for updates.

Solution

mgx42

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better about the situation.