Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BSOD on new build Windows 7 64-bit

Last response: in Windows 7
January 20, 2013 1:49:28 AM

I built this rig 3 weeks ago. Never had any glitches or problems. Just randomly today while web browsing I got a BSOD. I don't know how to access the BSOD files to see the cause. Can someone please help me troubleshoot, i've never dealt with this before. I don't overclock just so everyone knows. I ran prime 95 for about an hour with all passes and perfect temps. Please help.

More about : bsod build windows bit

January 20, 2013 2:04:10 AM

scout_03 said:
use this that will read the minidump files of th bsod and report back the result http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

I analyzed via whocrashed and it said i have 2 minidump logs on 1/20/2013...why is that date wrong? I can't read details without buying the professional version too.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2013 2:37:23 AM

Ok I used a different program and got these readings.

Dump File: 011913-16036-01.dmp

Bug Check String: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code: 0x000000d1

Caused by Driver: L1C62x64.sys
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:03:21 AM

Can someone please help me troubleshoot the BSOD readings I just posted.
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:27:06 AM

dodger46 said:
Is the BSOD continuing to appear? If so try updating your Ethernet Driver, your fault very similar to this
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...

No it was just once (so far). I updated the atheros ethernet driver via gigabytes website. Hopefully its fixed. This is definitely a ethernet driver error and not a hardware error or anything of that nature right? I only ask because Im still under warranty with these parts so I want to find the source of this issue asap. BTW thanks for responding
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 3:27:48 AM

I would say driver IMO.
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:29:09 AM

Ok I'm praying that's all it is. Any idea why this happened? I could have sworn I had the latest drivers prior to this BSOD...
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 3:31:37 AM

Not sure,but i hope it keeps running smooth.
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:32:41 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Not sure,but i hope it keeps running smooth.

Thanks, me too.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 3:49:04 AM

mgx42 said:
No it was just once (so far). I updated the atheros ethernet driver via gigabytes website. Hopefully its fixed. This is definitely a ethernet driver error and not a hardware error or anything of that nature right? I only ask because Im still under warranty with these parts so I want to find the source of this issue asap. BTW thanks for responding

If it recurs in the future you may have to consider a hardware issue, it's not unheard of, but you may have to prove the rest of your setup before RMA-ing your Board. Driver most likely, but if you start getting random BSODs there may be a breakdown occurring elsewhere. Just have to wait and see!
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:53:28 AM

dodger46 said:
If it recurs in the future you may have to consider a hardware issue, it's not unheard of, but you may have to prove the rest of your setup before RMA-ing your Board. Driver most likely, but if you start getting random BSODs there may be a breakdown occurring elsewhere. Just have to wait and see!

Thanks for the info lets just hope it was just the driver lol, I'll keep updating this thread if it happens again.
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:55:10 AM

If anybody else has any ideas for the cause of this BSOD please feel free to post. So far I've gotten some great responses.
m
l

Best solution

January 20, 2013 3:59:57 AM

Its a new PC and only 3 weeks old as you mentioned. This is normal for New Builds and there is nothing to worry about now.

It is purely a driver issue and you will just have to give it time. Eventually all or the most important drivers will be update via Windows update or other sources.

Its a good practice to check your hardware OEM websites at least once every 6 months for updates.
January 20, 2013 4:04:56 AM

Nedal0 said:
Its a new PC and only 3 weeks old as you mentioned. This is normal for New Builds and there is nothing to worry about now.

It is purely a driver issue and you will just have to give it time. Eventually all or the most important drivers will be update via Windows update or other sources.

Its a good practice to check your hardware OEM websites at least once every 6 months for updates.

Thanks that makes me feel a bit better about the situation.
m
l
January 22, 2013 3:22:49 AM

Best answer selected by mgx42.
m
l
!