I am looking for a 12-14" laptop under $600. I need it by next Wednesday. Well it is not actually for me but for my friend and I do not know much about current laptops as I use a MBPro. He is going to be using it do the books for his small business as well as surf the web and Facebook. He will not be doing anything overly demanding but would like to be able to stream Netflix with a decent picture and wants it to last for a couple of years. Wondering what everyone's suggestions are.
If there is an amazing deal on a laptop that is lacking in HDD space or RAM that is definitely an option as I have no issues with upgrading those items.
Edit: I just saw this
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
12-14" possibly 15" if it is an amazing deal
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesnt matter too much
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
The more portable the better
5. How much battery life do you need?
longer the better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No games will be played
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Tax stuff, office work, web surfing, music, movies, Netflix
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like a minimum 320GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Prefer Newegg but other good sites are okay
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Just a basic CD/DVD drive will work
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference as long as its good
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing else is really needed
I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.