1. What is your budget?
My budget is under $900 US
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I am looking for a 13"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any resolution will do fine.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a portable laptop that is able to play video games (Starcraft, Call of Duty...) at medium settings
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter. I will have a plug whereever I go.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
A wide range of games (Starcraft, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft...). I want to play on medium-low settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watching movies, Photoshop
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB will be sufficient. I dump my files onto my external.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am pretty OK with anywhere.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
A standard DvD drive is good enough.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I am comfertable with any brand as long as they are reliable.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need this laptop by the end of March.
I am looking for a 13" gaming laptop. I am constantly on the go and always taking transit, so I cannot afford to get a laptop larger then 13". I will be playing games such as StarCraft, Call Of Duty, and such. I do not need to play on ultra high settings, or have incredibly high FPS. I just want the games to be playable at medium-lowish settings. I am intending to use this laptop for the next 2 years.
I am wondering if anyone can recommend me any good 13" gaming laptop? I am looking for a laptop under $900 US.
That Acer Aspire Timeline 3820TG will do a good for you. And it's a good price too. Strong CPU and a decent gaming card. Acer Aspire 3820TG Review It's not an identical model. Your model has an upgraded CPU and video card. All the rest of the details in the review should be valid.
Great. Thanks for the fast responses. Now I just got to look for a local Vancouver dealer that sells the Acer Aspire Timeline 3820TG cheaper then $770 for a 10% discount at MemoryExpress! I think I'll still continue looking around for alternatives just in-case I do see something better
hey if you go with the acer you wont be disappointed.
i play with 4820tg and i can play bfbc2 on everything high with low shadows and 4xaa 16xaf i get 35fps in 32man server and drop all aa to 1x i get 45fps.