RoundRobin on NAO - a new one

Played 2000+ moves. Location is a locked room in the mine town. One
level above waits a gnome with a wand of cold; had to escape digging
down. Had to pray recently (HP:5). Now consolidated but in a very
hostile environment, I suppose. Amulet of ESP, magic whistle, ring of
levitation. Ahh, BTW, the RNG created me as a chaotic orcish female
ranger.

Next steps: undecided...
- depopulate the level
- check altar
- maybe sell some unnecessary stuff
- go shopping
- TAKE CARE !!

And don't forget: you have to prepare for the gnome upstairs!

Janis

Janis Papanagnou wrote:
> Played 2000+ moves. Location is a locked room in the mine town. One
> level above waits a gnome with a wand of cold; had to escape digging
> down. Had to pray recently (HP:5). Now consolidated but in a very
> hostile environment, I suppose. Amulet of ESP, magic whistle, ring of
> levitation. Ahh, BTW, the RNG created me as a chaotic orcish female
> ranger.
>
> Next steps: undecided...
> - depopulate the level
> - check altar
> - maybe sell some unnecessary stuff
> - go shopping
> - TAKE CARE !!
>
> And don't forget: you have to prepare for the gnome upstairs!
>
> Janis

Thanks for the good start! I just played a couple o'thousand more
turns, and made some progress:
- got two pets, a dog and a wraith
- improved the AC a bit
- got to Skilled in dagger
- started using a dwarvish short sword, but can't decide whether to
advance the skill
- took care of the gnome with the wand of cold and cleared that level
- cleared Minetown of baddies (temple is cross-aligned)
- got a unihorn

Our biggest problem is being burdened all the time. It's almost worth
using a wish on a BoH, but I'd probably check Sokoban first. Whoever
picks the game up, enjoy!

micromoog@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the good start! I just played a couple o'thousand more
> turns, and made some progress:
> - got two pets, a dog and a wraith

I watched part of that game. Nice wraith name :)

(Calista Flockhart). Heh.

--
Benjamin Lewis

Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.

micromoog wrote:

> Thanks for the good start! I just played a couple o'thousand more
> turns, and made some progress:
> - got two pets, a dog and a wraith
> - improved the AC a bit
> - got to Skilled in dagger
> - started using a dwarvish short sword, but can't decide whether to
> advance the skill
> - took care of the gnome with the wand of cold and cleared that level
> - cleared Minetown of baddies (temple is cross-aligned)
> - got a unihorn
>
> Our biggest problem is being burdened all the time. It's almost
worth
> using a wish on a BoH, but I'd probably check Sokoban first. Whoever
> picks the game up, enjoy!

I went on NAO to see that game and witnessed a death of a priest by
the watchcaptain.

I immediatly started a new game, a human knight, but killed him while
trying to mount the pony :)

Then I got a human tourist, who is right now standing in the door of an

armor shop, with dwarven mithril and +3 orcish helmet on, dlvl 2,
exp lvl 1, AC -1. Please don't kill that guy!!!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

micromoog wrote:
> Janis Papanagnou wrote:
> > Played 2000+ moves. Location is a locked room in the mine town. One
> > level above waits a gnome with a wand of cold; had to escape
digging
> > down. Had to pray recently (HP:5). Now consolidated but in a very
> > hostile environment, I suppose. Amulet of ESP, magic whistle, ring
of
> > levitation. Ahh, BTW, the RNG created me as a chaotic orcish female
> > ranger.
> >
> > Next steps: undecided...
> > - depopulate the level
> > - check altar
> > - maybe sell some unnecessary stuff
> > - go shopping
> > - TAKE CARE !!
> >
> > And don't forget: you have to prepare for the gnome upstairs!
> >
> > Janis
>

> Thanks for the good start! I just played a couple o'thousand more
> turns, and made some progress:
> - got two pets, a dog and a wraith
> - improved the AC a bit
> - got to Skilled in dagger
> - started using a dwarvish short sword, but can't decide whether to
> advance the skill
> - took care of the gnome with the wand of cold and cleared that level
> - cleared Minetown of baddies (temple is cross-aligned)
> - got a unihorn
>
> Our biggest problem is being burdened all the time. It's almost
worth
> using a wish on a BoH, but I'd probably check Sokoban first. Whoever
> picks the game up, enjoy!

Found this late last night, had some fun with it, only to ultimately
get pummeled into the floor a few thousand turns later. Managed to pick
up a level or two, luckstone, ID a bunch of stuff and find two
(unexciting) bones files.... but being burdened all the time eventually
got me when I came around a corner into two fast, hard hitting mobs.

It's no good to #pray for hp, get the hp, and then have the mobs kill
you the next turn anyway. =(

777 wrote:
> micromoog wrote:
<snip>
> > Our biggest problem is being burdened all the time. It's almost
> worth
> > using a wish on a BoH, but I'd probably check Sokoban first.
Whoever
> > picks the game up, enjoy!
>

> Found this late last night, had some fun with it, only to ultimately
> get pummeled into the floor a few thousand turns later. Managed to
pick
> up a level or two, luckstone, ID a bunch of stuff and find two
> (unexciting) bones files.... but being burdened all the time
eventually
> got me when I came around a corner into two fast, hard hitting mobs.
>
> It's no good to #pray for hp, get the hp, and then have the mobs kill
> you the next turn anyway. =(

Sometimes, I have to make a really painful choice in the early game. I
most frequently end up ditching the body armor (which is usually the
heaviest item) and play like a pacifist/protection racketeer for a
while, letting the pet do *all* of my work and never engaging in the
melee combat until I can get a good handle on the burden management.

-K

Found Robin to be an Orc-Bar with 0 moves. Played him 1200 moves, until
one level below the Oracle. Got telepathy, found a general store; nothing
spectacular. The pet dog has just stepped on a level teleporter.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Philipp Lucas wrote:

> Found Robin to be an Orc-Bar with 0 moves. Played him 1200 moves, until
> one level below the Oracle. Got telepathy, found a general store; nothing
> spectacular. The pet dog has just stepped on a level teleporter.

What happened to the priestess I started this morning, I wonder...

Anyway;
Another 12-1500 moves. Made a mistake on the second level of Sokoban, so
went back up to find the mines. Explored a bit more of the levels you'd
rushed by. We're currently on the second level of the mines. Both are dark.
Swapped the armor (and renamed it with same info) for +2 elven mithril.
Burdened at the moment.

Sidsel