DELL U2311H (rev.A03) Ghosting ???

sourceman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hello,

I have noticed on my Dell U2311H (rev.A03, connected with DVI to VGA) that when I have opened static window (Skype for example) for about 10-15sec and I hit Win button on the keyboard to show Windows 8 Start Screen (which I set to black color), some parts of the Skype window are still visible through the Start Screen (like ghost) and they disappear after 3-5sec.

I would ask: is this normal for that kind of IPS monitor (8ms /gray to gray/)? Is there any users with Dell U2311H or similar IPS monitor experiencing the same issue(s)? Is this valid reason for RMA or all IPS monitors has this problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

sourceman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hmm...interesting. For the record: my VGA is NVIDIA GTX 460 1Gb, ruuning with 310.70 WHQL drivers, under Win8 Pro.

3-5 seconds would be rediculous ghosting. most often ghosting is only in fractions of a second which looks more like motion blur then anything.

i agree with the above: it is most likely a software/driver problem of some sort.

is transparency enabled in either the os or skype? overlapping transparencies could possibly cause a bug.

if you play any 1st person or 3rd person games you can test for ghosting by whipping the view around fast. if you notice an afterimage of sorts then this would be ghosting.