Sign in with
Your question

Odd display when connecting a TV

Last response: in Windows 7
January 20, 2013 3:27:29 PM

So, I have an odd issue. If I connect my TV and run it at 1920x1080 (As it states it is capable of) I get odd placement of the screen, for example if I look at the desktop, icons are pushed over to half the screen, and it does this with a few resolutions. Unfortunately, my TV does not have a scaling feature so I am unable to properly tell it where the edge of the screen is. It seems in some games that run at the resolution, they do not do this. (For example, BF3. It shows everything within the boundaries) but my browser, desktop, and some other games fail to do so. What could cause this issue and how could I fix it? Or is it just a native Windows issue?

More about : odd display connecting

a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 4:22:17 PM

You need to adjust the scaling and position in the GPU driver control program
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2013 4:36:56 PM

A Legit Phoenix said:
So, I have an odd issue. If I connect my TV and run it at 1920x1080 (As it states it is capable of) I get odd placement of the screen, for example if I look at the desktop, icons are pushed over to half the screen, and it does this with a few resolutions. Unfortunately, my TV does not have a scaling feature so I am unable to properly tell it where the edge of the screen is. It seems in some games that run at the resolution, they do not do this. (For example, BF3. It shows everything within the boundaries) but my browser, desktop, and some other games fail to do so. What could cause this issue and how could I fix it? Or is it just a native Windows issue?

Just curious, how do you have the computer hooked up to your TV? Via HDMI (preferred method) or VGA/DVI?

Also what type of graphics card do you have installed? We can lead you in the right direction if we can get this info.
m
l
Related resources
January 26, 2013 10:59:27 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I have it via HDMI and I have it running off of a EVGA GTX 560 2GB
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2013 3:15:40 AM

A Legit Phoenix said:
Sorry for the late reply. I have it via HDMI and I have it running off of a EVGA GTX 560 2GB

It's going to be a scaling option issue like unksol said. Go into the nVidia Control Panel and there should be an option to modify these things to make it right.
m
l
!