G

Hey there guys, BasS-InJecTeD here...

Anybody actually own a Silverado that they can gimme their opinions on?

I am thinking of buying one coz i am simply sick of my current Taisol fan (replacment for my nice Thermoengine (which when it came out everybody here told me it was [-peep-]! hahah eat your words...) coz i broke the middle clip). Anyway..

Questions:
1) what type of attachment system does the silverado have?
2) Noise?
3) Cooling performance in about 25C temps
4) Prices?!?!
5) Stores in australia or... online that sell them

Anyway yeah, get back to me or email me....
thanks for the help guys it's really much appreciated.

<i>PS: please don't tell me to go and read tom's review of the cooler because he does his reviews and tests in labs and i want somebody who actually uses it in their home/office and can give me their unbiased/general opinion/numbers. Thanks again</i>

<b><i>BasS-InJecTeD</i></b>

<b><font color=blue>Who needs drugs when you got <font color=black><i>BasS?</i></font color=black></font color=blue></b>

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Where in Australia are you? I can't point you to any shops outside of Melbourne.
I haven't actually used the fan.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

G

i'm in brisbane man, how can ya help?

<b><font color=blue>Who needs drugs when you got <font color=black><i>BasS?</i></font color=black></font color=blue></b>

G

thanks a lot man, you're a great help!

G

thanks for that wusy, but like i said, i already knew that from tom's review.. the point of me asking was so that someone "with a silverado in their own computer" would be able to tell me how well it performed..

but that's by the by, turns out i am going to need a new motherboard b4 i can get a silverado now because i broke the middle clipping lug off my A7V

(PS: Wusy, been a VERY long time since i saw you, i used to be TheAudiophile and you were like an enthusiast!!!)

G

but that's by the by, turns out i am going to need a new motherboard b4 i can get a silverado now because i broke the middle clipping lug off my A7V

Well there are some hs that mount directly to the board without the socket peg. I got the Swiftech MC462 which is pretty loud but man the cooling.

Tynne of Baja

G

I also wonder which motherboards Silverado even works with! With dimensions of 80mm x 56mm x 113mm, I'm afraid not every motherboard would have enough room around the socket to accomodate 80mm, and not every case can fit 113mm of height!

Leo

G

it would indeed be nice to know what mobo's support it... i have a strange feeling my A7V won't be able to fit it, but i am going to buy a new motherboard soon anyway so it doesn't matter really... i will just get one that fits it and go from there, (i wish you could up the speed of the fans even more than 3200rpm, it would be bloody loud but can you imagine the temps you'd get??? the same sorta fans with much faster RPM would be brilliant)

G

i read at THG that it cools extremely well but also weighs nearly a kilogram and has dB ratings of up to 70dB!!! i like my cooling but i can't put up with that sort of noise no matter what the temps i get are..

Swiftech need to use a better fan, or at least make them quieter.

G

will do

G

If I decide to get myself a Silverado, it would be most certainly not because of a prospect of lower temperatures with a noiser fan. The only reason I'm interested is because I was as little noise as I can get with adequate temperature. Normally, quiet coolers aren't able to cool the CPU well enough. Silverado is an exception.

But the major factor for me is low noise, not temperature. Most of the HSF reviews out there (except Tom's) compare only temperatures with the best 7K fans they could replace the stock fans with. I would be more interested in noise measurements and the kind of temperatures that the stock fans can achieve.

Leo

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry, no personal experience.

Here is a review (not Tom's) with some very specific information. I believe you will find it useful.

<A HREF="http://www.chillblast.com/reviews/silverado.htm" target="_new">http://www.chillblast.com/reviews/silverado.htm</A>

G

Note, though, that Chillblast reviewed Silverado 33 version, the one with 33g of silver. The newer version is Silverado 50, with 50g of silver. It is supposed to perform better.

Leo

G

thanks, already read that one... not too bad