B key not working

ArkaSmith

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello,
today, after using my laptop for an hour or so, my 'B' key started freaking out. Usually it doesn't work, but when it does, it writes like twenty b's in a row. I updated my drivers, and nothing happened, even after rebooting. Do you know anything that might cause a problem like this?

Thank you in advance.
ArkaSmith

popeyejohnson

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
spillage is the number one killer of keyboards, my daughter dropped coke on her aspire 5742z lappy last week, so have to replace for the same reason as you but over many more keys,
thought it was going to be expensive and ball-ache but ebay....well thank the sweet baby jeeebus came through with a new warranted replacement for £11
and youtube for video tutorial for installing the same there's a company that has put a load of video tuts up there for their customers, dont buy from them though as that same 11 quid keyboard was 40 odd plus postage (ebay free)

Get an external keyboard, USB is fine, and test it using Notepad or something in Windows.

Will the key cap press down at all or is it stuck? It could be damaged like popeyejohnson recommended but normally it would be more than just one key.

You can also try booting into Safe Mode, open up notepad, and try using the B key again. Did it work?

Let us know when you've done these things.