Hold off for Sandy Bridge & Asus? Or Sager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenbane

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
1. What is your budget?

$1250-$1750 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Don't know at this point.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Have no desktop, does not need to be ultra portable though.

5. How much battery life do you need?
2-3 Hrs

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, trying to get back into gaming after having a MBP for 3.5 years. So, would like something that can handle games at medium/high settings for the next 1-2 years.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watch movies. Photoshop. Excel.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500+GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray... IF I can combine it with DVD/Write.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Looks like Asus and Sager make solid systems. I don't love the Asus gaming laptop designs, they look a bit juvenile - hence the reason I am considering Sager. Won't keep me from getting an ASUS though.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I have had a MBP for 3.5 years and it is time to replace. I need to learn Windows 7 and would like to be able to run the latest games. Would love some honest feedback on Sager and warranty, build quality etc. Also, is Sandy Bridge available through Sager?? I don't mind holding off for a month or two.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.