Issue with keyboard (drivers/power?)

wheresperry

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but my CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid mechanical keyboard has been having some issues lately. At first I just thought it was a problem with the drivers/USB ports, but as I read more and more I started to think it might be a problem with the power.

When I plug the keyboard in, the lights flicker dimly for a split second, and then it doesn't work. It doesn't show up as recognized in the devices screen.. However, sometimes if I just leave it plugged in for a while, it will start working, and keep working whether I shut down or restart or whatever. Very strange .

There are no available drivers to download from their website. I am running a Lenovo y570 laptop with a Windows Intellimouse overclocked to 500 Mhz and a Blue Yeti microphone. I didn't have an issue until I got the microphone, and one night when I was just watching Netflix, there was like a glitch/pause from Windows, and I've been having trouble with it since then. My mouse also had to be re-overclocked and the drivers re-installed after that incident.

If anyone could help solve this headache for me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

wheresperry

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

Hmm, then why would it still occasionally work? And I've done things like restart with only the keyboard plugged in, and it still didn't work afterwards, so is that really a power problem?