How can I boost MSFT wireless router's signal

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I am currently running a MSFT wireless router, 802.11b
and I would like to increase the strength of the signal
so that I can connect my laptop on the other side of the
house. I have seen few products, such as wireless signal
boosters, on the market.. are they useful.. any pointers?

thanks.

It is not possible with Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware, SJ. Each
of the base stations has dual antenna - the external you see, and an
internal - so the signal is balanced. I would check to see if a different
channel works better in your home environment, or move the base station
higher/lower from its present location and make sure it is away from other
electrical devices and walls.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC