What does "Holding" mean?

For various Quest artifacts, they are listed in the information pages
on the web as having their effect only when being held. I presume this
means they must be in main investory rather than being in a bag or box
being carried, is this correct?

Thank You
Randolph Finder

Naraht wrote:
> For various Quest artifacts, they are listed in the information pages
> on the web as having their effect only when being held. I presume this
> means they must be in main investory rather than being in a bag or box
> being carried, is this correct?

Yes.

--
John Campbell
jcampbel@lynn.ci-n.com

Naraht wrote:

> For various Quest artifacts, they are listed in the information pages
> on the web as having their effect only when being held. I presume this
> means they must be in main investory rather than being in a bag or box
> being carried, is this correct?

I haven't noticed the phrase "held" in many spoilers. Usually, the
spoilers make a difference between "carried" and "wielded". These two
words are clear enough, I guess.

A rule of thumb is that anything carried in a container will not give
you any benefits.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> A rule of thumb is that anything carried in a container will not give
> you any benefits.

Or penalties. This can be useful... if, for example, your
luckstone gets cursed, and you don't want to ditch it, just stashing it
in your bag will keep it from having ill effects until you have an
opportunity to uncurse it.

--
John Campbell
jcampbel@lynn.ci-n.com