well are people forgeting something

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well the Athlon MP is going against L2 256kb p4 xeons. Most P2 and P3 xeon's sold with L2 512kb. Well i like to an Athlon mp far against and L2 2mb P4 xeon and a L2 512kb northwood.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Hey, I'll gladly slap all that hardware together and run some benchmarks, if you can provide the hardware. :wink:

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Im talking about today buddy. Hammer is in Q2 2002

Itanium is now. only the Alpha and the Sparc3 is able to take it on. IA64 is the next phase in desktop computing even AMD will switch to IA64.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
great I can get an AthlonMP at PC progress. And I can get a Xeon 1.7 at Acme Micro. Where are they selling Itaniums?? Or did you mean a couple of months by "today"?

Your Signature Sucks

HighCv2

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Desktop computing... yet sooo far away even from power users. I want an analysis of the price/performance ratio on that please.

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Also there wasn't even a benchmark for dual 1.4 normal T-Birds. Tom's article stated that they wouldn't run with differently clock T-Birds. There was no mention of dual 1.33's or 1.4's.

Your Signature Sucks

G

>Itanium would smash it to pieces.

Maybe
Maybe not. Particularly on 32 bit apps (but then, why buy a 64 bit CPU for 32 bit apps...)

In any case, we're not likely to see much on Itanium from Tom, Anandtech, aces, etc., until Q4, because these sites generally aren't interested if it <A HREF="http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/linux/0,12249,2768444,00.html" target="_new">doesn't do Windows.</A>

<i>Cognite Tute</i>
(Think for Yourself)

G

64bit cpu's aren't going to suddenly take over, if technology can't do what todays technology can and do the new stuff it will have a hard time being adopted right away.

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh and let's not forget price the Athlon MP's are selling for around $250 while the best price for a Xeon 1.7 is $600! Now I work in 3D Studio Max R3 for presentation models, and that benchmark makes my mind up very quickly.

Your Signature Sucks

G

Whoops, but it'll have to be A4 then, and we'll have to see how it does.........

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

G

Errr....kelder...someone who is still learning to create new folders shouldn't be worried about 64 bit units. Once you learn to create a new folder then maybe you can move onto wordpad....and then MSpaint...

"Cock-a-doodle-do" is what I say to my girl when I wake her UP in the morning!!

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh grow up. Do you actually know Kelder? You sound like a little kid with nothing better to respond with so you start throwing out comments you know aren't true. Your comments lately are about the equivelent of "Oh yeah, well I screwed your mom last night.. so there."

Grow up!

G

Bwahahahaha.....did your boyfriend squeeze your testicles a little to hard? Man, what are you freakin about? Besides Kelder knows exactly what I'm talking about. So lame off.

G

That's the way...at least your attempting humour now. Sounded like you were wearing iron undies before.

G

yeah, I know your a moron and can't accept when your wrong. You scan for any post I make and post some crap like that, you need a life man. It is actually funny how everyone knows your a retard that can't help but post imature insults that are just plain laughable even though you are trying to make people feel bad. Grow up already

G

Ok then M_kelder tell us all why somebody like you would need a 64 bit cpu? I know and you know that you only use your computer for menial stuff (even though you did once pretend to be an animator then retracted that statement) and that you bagged the 3D labs cards but failed to post any critisisms when faced with strong technical opposition.

So then M_kelder tell us all why somebody like you would need a 64 bit cpu?

G

Read the [-peep-] posts moron, I didn't say [-peep-] about me wantinga 64bit cpu, your such a moron, do you ever read the posts? I showed the benchmarks for the 3dlab card vs geforce and firegl cards, but you must have forgotten or you mind blocked you out because you can't handle being wrong!

You don't even know me mother fucka! I never ever posted saying, "I am a professional animator, I know all, listen to me."

Have a nice day :)

G

I originally said..."Errr....kelder...someone who is still learning to create new folders shouldn't be worried about 64 bit units. Once you learn to create a new folder then maybe you can move onto wordpad....and then MSpaint..."

So don't concern yourself with what is irrelevant to your life. You have no need for fast cpu's, quick hardrives or professional 3D cards. You surf the net and play games. And you did once tell us all you were an animator. Then when you were asked a couple of basic questions you avoided the post whilst dumping your garbage thoughts at other posts. Just because you couldn't justify yourself earlier doesn't mean you ought to get grumpy.

So kelder why would somebody like you need an ultra quick machine? Would profesional purpose would you put it to? Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be learning to rescale fonts or something like that?

G

"You have no need for fast cpu's, quick hardrives or professional 3D cards. You surf the net and play games. And you did once tell us all you were an animator. Then when you were asked a couple of basic questions you avoided the post whilst dumping your garbage thoughts at other posts"

where's that fool?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Hey, I play games, surf the internet (like you) and I am no professional artist or engineer but I am still interested in 64 bit stuff and performance machines. Who says that I shouldn't try to improve my understandings of advance professional equipment? Seems like it is the gamers that are pushing the high end market anyways, especially in graphics and programming. So I don't understand your logic at all. What do you do for a living Tonestar? Are you a 3d Artist? If so what steps do you see someone taking to become proficient in 3d artwork? What equipment do you have and what do you recommend and why? I've notice that virtually everything m-kelder has said is true particulary about T-Birds, dual processing and 3dsmax. The recent benchmarks all prove he was correct when they where not even available when the topics where discussed in detail. Do you have some samples to show us of your artwork?

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

G

No he isn't a 3d artist, he doesn't even have a clue what it is about as he told me that knows hardware and thus would be the best animator ever. Lol tonestar, when you said that it proved you have no clue what so ever so you should stop trying to attack me. As you see, others have read the threads we've had and read that I show all that benchmarks and tried to explain them to you but you are too ignorant.

The only professional animator that I know of that had come here said that I was right about the tbirds and he is the one that told me how the 3dlabs cards that cost $700 now don't perform better than a geforce 2. I've seen and showed benchmarks that back that up. Unlike you, he really knew what he was talking about.