Athlon 1.4
Geforce 3
60 gig Hard drive 72000
DVD and CD Writer
Sound Blaster Live Platuim Souncard
2 USB at least and at least 1 Firewire
and then a nice case and motherboard
I already have a nice monitor

Should I wait for the geforce to go down and wait for direct x 8 to be a little more used. Also Windows xp is coming out in october.I can always buy it later but... I would like my new computer to play games on before school starts. Oh, yeah this computer is for gaming and Collage. I want to have fun with it this summer before I have to put the fun away and get to studing. Currently I have
p2 233mhz with a voodoo 2 and 10 gig Harddrive and 2x writer and a nice 12x Cd rom I could get me threw the summer if I needed it to but I have been waiting and savign for over a year and bave about 2,500 to spend on a nice computer if I really want to even though I will probley be spending around 1,800. I have done reseach to see what I want but that is all subject to change. Any ideas would be great

Joeyman101

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
if you've got the money now buy it now!
dont wait around in this game or you'll wait forever for that latest/faster bit of kit!!!
get the best you can now & overclock it later

G

He's right, you got 2,500 bucks...so go buy the best you can buy with that money.

<font color=blue>"640 Kilobytes of computer memory ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have the live platinum 5.1 and it SUCKS. Get something good, like the Phillips Acoustic edge. Even the ESS Canyon cards are doing better than the SB. If you want all the front controlls, mayber consider the Hurcules settup.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Some advise the athlon 1.4 is maybe one of the last or the last athlon.After this there only overclock to increase the speed.Platinium live is no big deal you pay for the software that go with more that anything and the guitar plug and others and-on.Geforce 3 personally a big no way too much for what you get and Asus dont have made there geforce 3 yet who was the best geforce .

G

So, your saying to wait until Asus comes out with the gefore and the price goes down. I have been really happy with my 233 and even though in the hardware aspect of things its been out of date. In the software spectume it just went out of date around last Christmas and even then it could run pretty much anything I wanted it to. Now it can't. I have had it for four years and I would like the same life time from my next one at least 2 1/2 that shouldn't be to much to ask... as for the sound blaster live platuim I just want the Optical out for my mini disc play otherwise I could care less. so is there a way I can get that with less $$ $ ?? Thanks
Joeyman