Programs not opening- tried most fixes posted in forums.

Picklepie159

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hiyall, been a lurker around here for some time but this is the first time i've asked for help.

I have an Acerbic u36 laptop that just got the black screen of death. I turned it on and tried to log onto my account at first, but my rainmeter background didn't load. "That's strange," I thought, as I restarted it and logged on again. This time, I waited for 30 minutes staring at a black screen, praying for my desktop to load.

Frustrated, I pulled the plug and started it in Safe Mode, and ran Malwarebytes. It got rid of two infections, but didn't fix it. So I turned off User account control (some guy on a forum said this would happen if some drivers were interrupted during installation and couldn't get permission to install) and downloaded the Prevx fix for the black screen, and I started windows normally and ended up with everything loading on startup

. However, programs don't run when I click on them, the computer is running significantly slower than before, the fan sounds like the desperate sobs a man gives as he lies dying in a pool of his own blood and vomit, and Ctrl-Alt-Del give me a black screen.

I am really, really scared and I hope you guys can help me with it. This computer's been through a lot with me and losing it (and all of my video game save files) to some dastardly malware would be an unfitting end.

EDIT: just tried the Doug Knox EXE file association fix, the registry editor gives me an error along the lines of" cannot import, not all data was successfully written to registry, some keys are open by the system or other processes". I'm in safe mode, btw, because the black screen of death is randomly appearing every other time a reboot now.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
If u r system (processor,gpu,smps)fan has any damage the system overheat quickly so protect from more damage the system shutdown without any error message like bluescreen message.
so check all fans are working correctly and clean the dust from cpu.
Reinsert ram.

Picklepie159

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
.... I have no disk drive, and I already System restored to the earliest possible save point. I was going to pry open my laptop, but I chickened out. But thanks for the suggestions! I can always bring it in to a repair shop, if nothing works.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Want more speed : switch system to classic theme . Update OS and antivirus .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
Full Scan with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" pro (after deleting virus uninstall this) .
Use game booster software (freeware) for disable some useless services . Update bios and hdd firmwares . Oc system . Etc...

Picklepie159

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I truly appreciate your concern, but in the short time span from my last post to now, safe mode doesn't even start anymore. So I guess I blew a circuit or something. Also, my computer ran fine before without being in classic mode, and I don't recall downloading or updating anything major or potentially harmful in the past week. But thanks for your time, it's appreciated