AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
from the Maya testcenter:

<A HREF="http://www.maya-testcenter.de/" target="_new"><i>Maya 4 renders the rendertest up to 42% faster:

Pentium 4, 1500 MHz: 3:21 -> 2:20 (42% faster)
Pentium III, 842 MHz: 4:15 -> 3:16 (30% faster)
Celeron , 466 MHz: 8:20 -> 6:30 (28% faster)
As soon as Maya 4 is released, I will add a new
rendertest-section!</i></A>

I guess this is some more bad news for Intel :wink:

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Interesting have you looked at your own link it shows the dual athlon as the fastest and an AMD 1.2 gig soundly beating the P41.7

<A HREF="http://www.maya-testcenter.de/renderresults.html" target="_new">http://www.maya-testcenter.de/renderresults.html</A>

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
learn to read buddy, I linked the front page and fyi the benchmarks they're quoting are from Maya 4 <i>the SSE2 Optimized one.</i>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually my freind it is you that has a reading comprehension problem, what you post only states that maya 4 is faster than the old version and list the improvements across several Intel platforms, but when you look at there results data base Athlon systems come out on top still ROLMAO!

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
What's especially funny is that AmdMeltdown isn't shouting in his subject lines anymore. Seems he's running out of things to shout about. :wink:

Hey AmdMeltdown:
Bark for us, puppy, bark louder! :lol:

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Umm, that is not SSE2 optimizations, as the Pentium IIIs and Celerons don't have SSE2, yet they render faster with the optimizations in Maya 4. AMD processors will also benefit from Maya 4. Dude, you are SO STUPID.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I kind of doubt it take a look at the single Athlon at 1.2 gig trouncing the p4 single at 1.5 gig, what makes you think that a dual p4 will beat a dual AMD? right about now I think you are just better off editing your intial post to avoid further damage.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Umm, that is not ummm, SSE2 optimizations, umm as the Pentium IIIs duh, umm don't have SSE2, ummm yet they umm render fast with umm da optimizations in ummm Maya 4. AMD umm duh processors will umm also duh benefit from ummm Maya 4 Dude wheres my brain?

here get it from <A HREF="http://www.aceshardware.com/#N30000288" target="_new">aceshardware </A>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
What's funny is that the Athlon's victory in Maya is only with a single-CPU Athlon. When the dual P4 comes to Maya, the dual Athlon will already be there (scaling better than the P4, as it already does). LoL!

Whoops, OK, it's with duals, I see now.

Of course, note that Ace's also speculates that Athlons are liable to get a 30% increase as well...whoops, that still puts AMD ahead!

Come on, AmdMeltdown, you're not barking loud enough! :wink:

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Hey AmdMeldown: Bark for us, puppy, bark louder! [silly grin]

<b>WOOF WOOF, BOW WOW WOW!!!</b>

G

Acording to Aces test the dual Athalon did a frame (Maya3) in 1.48. A/W reworked some of the code in the renderer in Maya4, improving the speed, which is horrible to begin with. Even assuming a 20% increase for the Athalon, on par with the increase for the P3, the resulting time (dual Athalon) would be 1.18/frame.
This clearly stomps the [-peep-] out of the P4 in any ideation. The Xeon doesn't contribute very much if anything to reducing rendering times. They could sell the standard p3/4 as xeons and no one would know the difference.
Anim88tor

G

Let me try and translate:
"The kid is right, the P4 will get faster with further software optimizations. That closes the debate"

Not that I agree of course..

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with a AMD chip

G

From the test center:
"The aim of the Maya Test Center is to benchmark a wide variety of Maya hardware configurations by asking Highend3D users to render a scene on their machine(s) and report back to us with the render time and the hardware/software configuration used. Over time the benchmark database will become a valuable resource for animators trying to decide which hardware configurations they should invest in."

I don't think so...

"no kelder....you can't shoot goblins in wordpad"

G

Freaks your stupid....we have dozens of people here in the AMD vs Intel debate making up stories. Who would actually take users posts seriously? Even Anandtech don't always publish an accurate bench. Your gonna take kelders title away from him soon as "monkey spanker of the year"

"no kelder....you can't shoot goblins in wordpad"

G

>Who would actually take users posts seriously?<

Well, when the poster is a one-sided FUD-mongering jerk named Tonedeaf, I don't!

Seriously though, when professionals interact for the common good, the bullcrap is usually left out. For instance, you may have noticed that a 3D benchmark called Cinebench is now starting to be used by some of the hardware reviewers. I posted links to this very benchmark and Maxon, the developers of Cinema 4D, a 3D modeling and animation program (with roots back to the amiga days, believe it or don't) a while back when folks were asking about dual PIII performance.

Anyway, I digress. If you go to postforum.com, the Cinema 4D folder, and search on cinebench you will find alot of user posts on their results. And links to result databases.

What you will find is that in the Cinema 4D world, it is common knowledge that the single athlons raytrace faster than single PIII or P4 setups. Dual PIIIs ray trace faster than a single athlon. And Dual athlons are faster raytracers than dual PIIIs or P4s. This is data that cross checks and correlates well with the way things are. A few spoofs would be quickly and easily discredited by the professionals that use the tools. No trolling, no lies, it is just the way it is. So why is it so hard to believe that athlons are better than P4s at Maya?

Go ahead, don't be so damned pig-headed, expand your horizons and check it out.