Asus A7A266 -- Ideas?

G

Ok, i am thinking of buying the Asus A7A266 mobo... it's about $350AU and it seems to have everything i need. Cept i have heard rumours about ALI chipsets...

The main attraction to the A7A266 is that it supports both DDR and SDRAM. So i don't have to run out and spend all my money on DDR straight away...

If anybody can tell me a better motherboard for a similar price, like an ABit or something, that supports DDR and SD and has a 266mhz FSB it would be much appreciated. I am going to buy a Palamino when they come out here so i also need to consider that...

If you wanna take a look at the A7A266 and gimme your ideas, feel free. here's the link <A HREF="http://www.asus.com/products/Motherboard/socketa/a7a266/spec.html" target="_new">http://www.asus.com/products/Motherboard/socketa/a7a266/spec.html</A>

Thanks people, i really appreciate your help

<b><font color=blue>Who needs drugs when you got <font color=black><i>BasS?</i></font color=black></font color=blue></b>

Lumathix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I've had my A7A for a month or so. No problems with my Athlon 1.33, at all.

Later

<font color=red> Mix it with the relish! </font color=red>

G

I would if I were you wait for A7V266 (KT266 2nd. revision), because it will most likely be more stable, higher performing no doubt and still have both DDR and SDR slots.

G

Sounds good... Have you had any problems with voltage and stuff??

I just have a thing with Asus Motherboards, the middle lug on my CPU connectors snapped off, the AGP slot fried my GF2, and the Primary IDE dies quite often...

So i am reluctant to buy any Asus products...

<b><font color=blue>Who needs drugs when you got <font color=black><i>BasS?</i></font color=black></font color=blue></b>

G

Good advice, do you have any idea when they are coming out?
Like, this year? This month? Next month???

G

you don't regret buying it... Fair enough, but the downside is you can't use DDR and therefore you don't have the 266fsb.. Ya know, there's lots of reasons why i wouldn't get a 133a board