2400 and XP2

mb

Has anyone upgraded a Dell Dim 2400 from XP Home SP1 to XP2 by d/l from the
update site??

If so, how did it go? Any problems?

Mel

"MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message news:<10j5dg9negktf53@corp.supernews.com>...
> Has anyone upgraded a Dell Dim 2400 from XP Home SP1 to XP2 by d/l from the
> update site??
>
> If so, how did it go? Any problems?
>
> Mel

I have a Dell DIM 2400, and I loaded SP2 onto XP home successfully.

I have a Dell 2400. I installed SP2 via Windows Update yesterday.
Before installing, I disabled my anti-virus software, went to MSCONFIG and
removed the check mark from all startup items, rebooted, then went to
Windows Update for the download. After SP2 was installed, I went back to
MSCONFIG and re-checked the same startup items and rebooted.

So far, everything has been fine. No freeze ups or error messages. I
didn't even need to upgrade any drivers. My USB printer, scanner & flash
drive all work the same.

"MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone upgraded a Dell Dim 2400 from XP Home SP1 to XP2 by d/l from
> the
> update site??
>
> If so, how did it go? Any problems?
>
> Mel

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:07:21 -0400, "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
wrote:

>Has anyone upgraded a Dell Dim 2400 from XP Home SP1 to XP2 by d/l from the
>update site??
>
>If so, how did it go? Any problems?
>
>Mel

Zero problems on my mom's 2400.

Dave

David

Dave <dmjohn29@REMOVE.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<07h7j092tv5f3bkblitirgastd92enfa8g@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:07:21 -0400, "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone upgraded a Dell Dim 2400 from XP Home SP1 to XP2 by d/l from the
> >update site??
> >
> >If so, how did it go? Any problems?
> >
> >Mel
> >
> Zero problems on my mom's 2400.
>
> Dave
Did not want to reboot at first (after sp2 install). Just powered off
then booted fine. ALSO...my HP all in one 2110V
was not even recognized at all (worked before).
Tried to reinstall the HP drivers and the driver install
never finsihed or worked. I got the problem fixed
by going to control panel and adding printer with the
XP wizard which found the printer and added it fine.
That was my only problem. Best of luck to all.
Dave

mb

Yep --- I just bit the bullet, held my breath, and did the deed!!!

It took 55 minutes.

It seems to be working just fine (printer, flash memory, etc. are working).

It may be taking a bit longer to boot up.

Mel