Behavioral Nethack (spoily)

How could you experts call my form of Nethack-related stupidity which
goes as follows...

Whenever i found a really usefull item, which can make gameplaying
easier (e.g. early wish, gift, bonespiles, even the slightest useful
item), i think the following...

Hey that is a touchstone, now i can identify all those gems, take them
to the shopkeepers, wade in lots of $$ and buy protection.

Normally after this thougt, i play carelessly, with my aim set for
going to the shopkeeper and not with my eye on the Hitpoint-counter.

The inevitable stupid death follows immediately.

Is it the same as (in real life) for car-owners who get a new car with
advanced security features (like airbag etc.) who decide that they can
now drive more fast and reckless, since they are "safer"... ?

Regards

Uli

> advanced security features (like airbag etc.)

Airbags are advanced?

Um, well, I never pay attention to hitpoints anyway :) so I can
probably say this has happened to me before...

uli2003wien@lycos.at writes:

> How could you experts call my form of Nethack-related stupidity which
> goes as follows...
>
> Whenever i found a really usefull item, which can make gameplaying
> easier
[..]
> Normally after this thougt, i play carelessly, with my aim set for
> going to the shopkeeper and not with my eye on the Hitpoint-counter.
>
> The inevitable stupid death follows immediately.

Perfectly normal behaviour. Over-self-confidence[?] and
excessive focusing on secondary goals are, in my limited
experience, the main reasons for YASD.

Best,
Jakob