Engraving without hands?

I like to play dragons.

In wiz mode, of course.

However I noticed that you can't engrave. "You can't even hold
anything!" But I think you should still be able to write in the dust.
Or better:

"Engrave with what? Claws, horns, fangs, breath? [chfb]"

Claws: "It feels very unpleasant. You only feel like writing
'Elberet'."
Horns: "You flop on your <back> and write while upside-down. You end up
accidentally writing '3|deref'."
Fangs: "You open your <mouth> as wide as you can... What the heck are
you doing?"
Breath: "It's tricky to do..." 'Elb' is engraved east, 'er' here, and
'eth' west

ihope wrote:
> "Engrave with what? Claws, horns, fangs, breath? [chfb]"

t - tail.

Ah. Yes, good idea!

Tail: "It's tricky to do..." Chance of getting each letter right is
based on dexterity

:)

Whoops, I mixed those up--don't want to engrave 'etherElb' :)

Hmm, yeah, you're right...

Which way *does* an engraving 'point'?

On 8 Jun 2005 09:40:46 -0700, "ihope" <ihope127@writing.com> wrote:

>Whoops, I mixed those up--don't want to engrave 'etherElb' :)

On 8 Jun 2005 09:40:46 -0700, "ihope" <ihope127@writing.com> wrote:

>Whoops, I mixed those up--don't want to engrave 'etherElb' :)

Who says that the top of the engraving must point North?

> Could you please try to keep (parts of) the original message when
> answering ?

Sorry. I'm used to using
tags in BBS, and stuff like that, and
I think the 'Reply' link (I'm using Google) is the equivalent of a
'Quote' button... of course it's not.

> Would this (unchecked) quote help the G* community...?
>
> "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
> the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
> "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
> "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
>

> Janis

It works! It works!

:)

Could you please try to keep (parts of) the original message when
answering ? This would help to put things back in context, especially with
high traffic threads where many people are answering and it is not always
easy to find out who you're answering (yes, I konw, threading helps).

And also (prevent is better than cure), when doing so do not do as I'm
just doing right now: write your answer under the answered message, thus
allowing someone jumping in the thread to have all the conversation in the
natural order.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, ihope wrote:

> Ah. Yes, good idea!
>
> Tail: "It's tricky to do..." Chance of getting each letter right is
> based on dexterity
>
> :)

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

ihope wrote:

>> Could you please try to keep (parts of) the original message when
>> answering ?
>
> Sorry. I'm used to using
tags in BBS, and stuff like that, and
> I think the 'Reply' link (I'm using Google) is the equivalent of a
> 'Quote' button... of course it's not.

This is Google's fault, not yours; curse it.

Raisse, killed by a system shock

"ihope" <ihope127@writing.com> writes:
> > Would this (unchecked) quote help the G* community...?
> >
> > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
> > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
> > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
> > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
> >

> > Janis
>
> It works! It works!
>
> :)

Well, almost. You're still omitting attributions.

: "At the sushi counter of life, you must use the chopsticks of ambition :
: to grab the sashimi of accomplishment or you will be left with the :
: wasabi of disappointment." -- Dan Shiovitz :