Tins and Unrelated Slash'Em Query

Is there a reason why tinned acidic corpses lose their acid properties?

Are the advantages of monks in Slash'Em considered too unbalancing for
vanilla?

> Is there a reason why tinned acidic corpses lose their acid properties?

I dunno. The tins must be alkali.

> Are the advantages of monks in Slash'Em considered too unbalancing for
> vanilla?

Well, I found a Monk quite easy once you get the chained blitz and some way or
another to reach XL 30. At that moment, the Monk can take on any single monster
(even Sam) in a single round without taking any damage himself.

Greetings,
Benjamin

--
Benjamin 'blindCoder' Schieder
Registered Linux User #289529: http://counter.li.org

Benjamin Schieder <blindcoder@scavenger.homeip.net> wrote in

>> Are the advantages of monks in Slash'Em considered too unbalancing
>> for vanilla?
>
> Well, I found a Monk quite easy once you get the chained blitz and
> some way or another to reach XL 30. At that moment, the Monk can take
> on any single monster (even Sam) in a single round without taking any
> damage himself.
>
> Greetings,
> Benjamin

Is there a Slash'Em monk spoiler? The only site I found, Eva's site,
doesn't list any advantages and such. What's a chained blitz? I reckon I
never got that far in Slash'Em to get that far.

In news:<Xns96737E6D1E8B2heptapodyahoocom@216.196.97.131>, Haakon
Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> says...
> Benjamin Schieder <blindcoder@scavenger.homeip.net> wrote in
> >> Are the advantages of monks in Slash'Em considered too unbalancing
> >> for vanilla?
> > Well, I found a Monk quite easy once you get the chained blitz and
> > some way or another to reach XL 30. At that moment, the Monk can take
> > on any single monster (even Sam) in a single round without taking any
> > damage himself.
> Is there a Slash'Em monk spoiler? The only site I found, Eva's site,
> doesn't list any advantages and such. What's a chained blitz? I reckon I
> never got that far in Slash'Em to get that far.

I don't know of any sepecifc Slash'EM monk spoiler.

However, you'll find this on Eva's site:
"Slash'EM monks do much more bare-handed damage than Nethack monks, and
also have superb natural protection, making them one of the easiest
classes."

Also linked from there is J. Ali Harlow's techniques spoiler, including
the monk techniques. Look up "chained blitz" here:
http://www.juiblex.co.uk/nethack/VernonSpoilers/tech-006e4.txt

Slash'EM monks are fun!

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Cenlvat jvyy sevtugra qrzbaf.

In news:<MPG.1d16b4ad73f272299896e6@130.133.1.4>, Kristoffer Björkman
<kristoffer.bjorkman@frontnet.org> says...
> I don't know of any sepecifc Slash'EM monk spoiler.

Alas, not any *specific* such thing either.

What were my fingers doing there? Improvised ROT-13?
Time to get some sleep. :)

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Ehfg zbafgref ybir jngre. Gurer ner cbgvbaf gurl ungr, ubjrire.

Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> Is there a reason why tinned acidic corpses lose their acid properties?

The canning process removes ill effects. In the
case of a mummy or zombie or corpse well beyond its
rotting time the corpse goes from causing food
poisoning to a tin that doesn't. Canning also
removes poison (as far as I know but I don't have
wizard mode available here to check. I do Usenet
in my spare time in the office but games stay home).

This should mean that if you tin a poisonous corpse
that can convey poison resistance you keep the
chance of the good happening while you lose the
chance of the bad happening. In the case of acidic
corpses, the acid is the bad *and* the good.