Which gaming mouse is a better deal?

drak0

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am doing a research of which gaming mouse should I get. So far I concluded to get either a Logitech G700 or a G600 but I don't know which will be better. Right now there's a deal, $60 for any of them. So if anyone can recommend me which mouse is a better deal for $60 I will surely appreciate it.

The mouse will be used for RPGs mainly, but shooters and action-adventure games from time to time. Also for every day's use I like to have shortcuts in the mouse for common activities like: opening the calculator, notepad, copy-paste, new browser tab, etc.

Thanks in advance!

About a month or 2 ago, I bought a new mouse, and I had tried both.

I first bought the G600 and used it a week. I thought it couldn't hurt to have all the extra buttons, but as it turned out, it can. It took a lot of getting used to, to use a few of the keys, which I was fine with, but what really hurt me was when you pick up the mouse to recenter it on the mouse pad, a great deal of the time, especially while in a lot of action, I'd press those thumb buttons on the side. Another major annoyance I had with it was it would not allow you to program the keys to be any modifier (shift,ctrl, alt). The only thing you could do is program that ring finger to make all the thumb buttons act as if shift/ctrl/alt was down when pressing the thumb button along with the key assigned to the thumb button (ctrl+v, shift+1, but it can't just be shift, or ctrl).

After a week of it, I realized I was never going to really like it and returned it and got a G700 instead. The key layout is far superior from my experience. I was a little reluctant about the wireless aspect, but it is as accurate as any of the wired mice I've had in the past. Its only drawback is the battery life is short, but you can still use it while it charges at least.