Sign in with
Your question

C&C Generals

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2002 4:35:24 PM

hey who has seen the new game by westwood? this game is by far one of the best games created in this time. LOL!! nmadness!
www.cncgenerals.com
or you could just go to the westwood site. You can check the smooth rendering and the shadows. TAKE A look! everything is reality. You even have ANGRY MOBS!!! UPGRADEABLE TO AK-47s!!! Molitov Cocktails and Firebombs!! HACKERS WOO HOO!!!! I want it now!!!!

\\\//3// 7//3 31337 (0///3 |=0|2 J0/\ 83 |234|)j!!!1

More about : generals

June 11, 2002 8:57:54 AM

Whoo.

Censorship makes us so much more creative.
June 12, 2002 8:07:13 PM

puff puff...fluuuuuuff.

*takes a big stick and beats the cash cow to death*

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
Related resources
June 13, 2002 12:52:45 PM

LMAO at William...

Yep, I agree...Never liked the C&C series...I have Tiberium Sun and think it's crap, uninstalled it after only a couple of days.

One game I am keeping an eye on is a supposed "true" sequal to Total Anhillation. Probably my all time fav. RTS, I still play it even today.

Your using WHAT??? (quote from friend when I told him my PC specs)
June 13, 2002 2:44:56 PM

Nod base under attack, Nod base destroyed. Game over.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
June 17, 2002 2:27:11 AM

are you basing you opinion of the c&c SERIES on the experience you had with tiberian sun? please say its not so...
June 17, 2002 11:50:19 AM

Nope, I've played every C&C game (non-Red Alert though) that has come out. Returned the first two, still have the third collecting dust.

Granted I've heard Red Alert 2 is great, might try to pick it up in a bargain bin somewhere, but I just don't care for the style too much. Units have almost no flexability (Use unit A to defeat unit C...Unit B can only attack air units, etc.)

Total Anhillation was much better...elevation mattered...some terrain was destrutable (trees, rocks) and overall the units were very flexible (Mr. ground attack bot *could* attack air units, but because they were slower the odds of hitting were pretty low).

It would be cool if they made a RTS with completly deformable terrain...You have an enemy stronghold on the top of a mountain and can't beat it...well let's just artillery the damn mountain down into nothing.

June 17, 2002 2:27:48 PM

Jamus34, i think you'd enjoy playing GIANTS. Pick it up bargain bin these days or get a copy with an audigy gamer sound card.

Red alert and Red alert 2 were both above and beyond the main line of C&C games. But the tiberian line is just fluff and puff these days. I couldn't stand the latest one.

June 17, 2002 3:21:13 PM

Yeah I've heard it's pretty good...don't think I have the horsepower to run it good right now though. Just like the last FPS that I bought and could run pretty well was SS.

Oh,to enter the world of gigahertz+ processors...

EDIT: Oh yeah, when did they take the strategy out of real time strategy??? Lately RTS seem to focus more on "Look at me I can command this one tank myself why the rest of my forces get a mudhole stomped in their collective asses".

Your using WHAT??? (quote from friend when I told him my PC specs)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jamus34 on 06/17/02 11:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 17, 2002 7:08:38 PM

I also really liked Totla Annihilation. I found it quite realistic in the way of gameplay. Very flexible units. I have the original plus the 2 add-ons. It's really a lot better when you get the patch to increase your unit limit up to 500. Slows down the comp a bit too much when you have a lot of units running around though. And yeah, I'm still on my PIII600E.

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek: 
June 17, 2002 8:27:46 PM

Not enough horsepower? what? I ran that game smoothly at nice settings on a p2 400 with a GF2 Ultra. Thats nothing these days. Surely you can play Giants.

June 18, 2002 2:35:13 PM

The P2 400 I have... it's the GeForce that's the problem...I only have a TNT2 Ultra (ouch).

June 18, 2002 2:59:04 PM

You can run giants on that, just turn down the options a few clicks. Trust me, i was running MAX settings with the Ultra, tnt2 should do cutdown settings okay i would think.

June 20, 2002 1:24:47 AM

yeah... i was still using a tnt2 up to about a month ago.. played thru rtcw on that puppy! just cause the market says a card is outdated, doesnt mean it wont perform.
June 21, 2002 4:03:21 PM

Aye, TnT 2 was the average card when Giants came out.

June 24, 2002 9:26:05 AM

any idea when this will be released????

expect the unexpected.
June 24, 2002 5:35:33 PM

Yea, Giants was released in 2000 i believe. =P

June 24, 2002 7:46:55 PM

I think he was talking about Generals :D :D :D 

!