Kingston's DDR3 for GamingNotebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
DDR3 memory doesn't really increase performance, so I doubt anyone is putting a Core2 processor in a laptop with a DDR3 memory controller. This also obviously isn't for any Core i7 processors, or it would have been a triple-channel kit. Sure DDR3 uses less power than DDR2, but in a gaming/performance notebook, memory power consumption is not a major factor. Overall this looks useless.

G

hate to bust both of your bubbles.

Notebooks can be overclocked may not go as far as a desktop with watercooling or other. but still very overclock able.

Example: Gateways new FX 7811 & 7812.. is being considered one of the BEST Enthusiast Laptops out now if not the best.. super cheap & can be upgraded like mad. Ability to Raid. Comes with DDR3 & Centrino 2.. You can Download a Beta Bios Then buy most any Laptop friendly Core2 or QuadCore & work in this machine. the 9800M has been OC'ed very well due to the insane Heatsink & Fan inside.

Yes the laptops don't get but maybe 3-5hours of Battery Life, perhaps alot less once their fully maxed in Hardware.. but its 100x easier to port to & from Lanparties than any desktop.

This is happening to other laptops as well i know about this 7811 due to the fact I own one & have begun the performance increase process slowly. Currently doing the Raid. will do the CPU when the Bios Update has been out long enough to prove its stability. Now that i know that a better Clocked DDR3 is out i may do a switch, I know others with more change to throw around will be..

Search the Net for most any new High Performance Laptop now & see how many people are on forums talking about all the crazy things their doing to them to make them better. & giving step by step directions on the working ideas.

I would never consider a Gateway as the best laptop on the market - that spot is reserved for Clevo units, by FAR.

Which, BTW, Clevo notebooks are fully overclockable - and feature cooling systems that can actually cool something.

micman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
I don't know, I'd rather pay the $1,000 I paid for my Gateway than $3,000 for a Clevo with only marginally better specifications. If it breaks, I can still buy two more for the price of one Clevo. What I want to know is, when will someone make a reasonably priced 4gb 1333mhz module? I already run my stock DDR3 memory at 7-6-6-18, so buying the same amount of memory with the same clock speed just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.