Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I've just started playing this game again after about five years and have
noticed some changes in this newer version. The one question I have right
now, is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
Express Card? Thanks for any replies.

Brian wrote:
> is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
> Express Card?

Uh, what does the Card do exactly? :)

ihope babbled on for HOURS on 14 Jun 2005:

> Brian wrote:
>> is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
>> Express Card?
>
> Uh, what does the Card do exactly? :)

Why the same thing any other credit card does of course! It CHARGES!!

ihope wrote:

>Brian wrote:
>

>>is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
>>Express Card?
>>

>Uh, what does the Card do exactly? :)

If you had a car with a windshield and sleet fell onto the windshield,
you could scrape the ice off.
But, since automobiles don't exist in Nethack, you could always PICK
another activity.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:06:20 +0100, Brian <chiefwiggam39611@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I've just started playing this game again after about five years and have
> noticed some changes in this newer version. The one question I have
> right
> now, is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
> Express Card? Thanks for any replies.

No - now Yendorian Express send you a thousand application forms (via the
mail daemon) and you fill one in ;)

Jesting aside, I believe so :)

--
Ant :)

Brian wrote:
> I've just started playing this game again after about five years and have
> noticed some changes in this newer version. The one question I have right
> now, is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
> Express Card? Thanks for any replies.

Yes, but it will evade you if you're not neutral (and of course you
can't wish for your own quest artifact).

Lars

Lars Kecke wrote:
> Brian wrote:

>> [...] is there still the option to wish for the blessed
>> platinum Yendorian Express Card?

> Yes, but it will evade you if you're not neutral (and of course you
> can't wish for your own quest artifact).

And if you get it, it will function as an *uncursed* Platinum Yendorian
Express Card, unless you're playing a tourist, in which case you *will*
get the blessed effects.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

Jakob Creutzig wrote:
> Phlimm <icubed@deathtospamremovethisbigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > ihope babbled on for HOURS on 14 Jun 2005:
> >
> > > Uh, what does the Card do exactly? :)
> >
> > Why the same thing any other credit card does of course! It CHARGES!!
>
> Oh my god. I know about the PYEC for years and years

So THAT's what it stands for! I was wondering what the heck it was, and
now...

LOL :)

Phlimm wrote:

> ihope babbled on for HOURS

30 minutes a word.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

> Lars Kecke wrote:
> > Brian wrote:
>
> >> [...] is there still the option to wish for the blessed
> >> platinum Yendorian Express Card?
>
> > Yes, but it will evade you if you're not neutral (and of course you
> > can't wish for your own quest artifact).
>
> And if you get it, it will function as an *uncursed* Platinum Yendorian
> Express Card, unless you're playing a tourist, in which case you *will*
> get the blessed effects.

....but cannot wish for it since it your quest artefact.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Phlimm <icubed@deathtospamremovethisbigfoot.com> writes:

> ihope babbled on for HOURS on 14 Jun 2005:
>
> > Brian wrote:
> >> is there still the option to wish for the blessed platinum Yendorian
> >> Express Card?
> >
> > Uh, what does the Card do exactly? :)
> >

> Why the same thing any other credit card does of course! It CHARGES!!

Oh my god. I know about the PYEC for years and years, and I still
hadn't figured out this pun until you opened my eyes. I'll have
to lay down until the pain lessens.

Best,
Jakob