Best laptop for 3d graphics

Hello,
I'm buying a HP dv6 which is built with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz; 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 DDR3 Graphics [HDMI, VGA] - For Quad Core Processors; FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm); 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection.
My questions are:
Is this good enough to run 3D graphics & animation?
The price is $999.99. Is it reasonable?
Thank you for your advice.
7 answers Last reply
More about best laptop graphics
  1. The price is reasonable, that's for sure, but you say "3d graphics and animation", I'm assuming you're referring to something like Autocad or a professional animation software, and not 3d gaming.

If so, I"m not quite sure how demanding those applications are, so I couldn't say.
  2. its an alright computer, but u might want to go with this if u do more design than gaming:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146919

it is a bit more expensive, but for design will suit ur needs better than ur current choice, since the 5650 isnt design specificly for design,

400$ is worth it if ur gonna use autocad, 3d design, etc
  3. Nope, it has 2GB of RAM and AutoCAD eats RAM like an Elephant.
  4. ur right forgot to see it had only 2 gigs this is better,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157486

that comes with 4 gigs :D
  5. Thank you.
    Unfortunately, I already ordered this one. I'm going to run some professional systems for 3D graphics & animation design. Does the laptop match my demand?

HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition customizable Notebook PC
    * Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    * 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
    * 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 6570 GDDR5 graphics [HDMI, VGA]
    * FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    * FREE Upgrade to 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    * 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 6.0 hours of battery life +++
    * 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
    * SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
    * Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    * Standard Keyboard
  6. i hope u like ur purchase :) enjoy
  7. This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Laptops & Notebooks by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard Graphics Laptops Product