My PC won't start "sometimes"

marshma11ow

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hi, I built a PC and it seems that it works fine, but sometimes the PC won't display anything on the monitor.
It's not a monitor problem for sure because whenever this happens the PC doesn't make the "beep" sound when it turns on. The lights are on, fans running, it's just that there's no "beep" sound and nothing comes out in the monitor. Also, I have an audio interface connected to the PC and when this happens, this interface does'nt turn on either (which is powered by a USB cable) so it's evidence that it's a PC problem and not a monitor problem.
Also, sometimes my wireless keyboard would "lag" meaning, if i press something, nothing happens, then if i lift it or move it or just wait a while, everything I pressed processes in suddenly. I thought it was a signal problem since it's wireless, but if the signal didn't reach, then it shouldn't "lag" but just not process what i pressed during that time right?

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on with my PC??

Solution
I would replace the power supply for the start-up problem.

But the keyboard lag could very well be low signal, because the keyboard will buffer the keys if it does not get confirmation from the PC that they were received properly. I experienced the same thing with a media PC, but I purchased a USB extension cable to move the receiver to the front of the PC and no more lag.
I would replace the power supply for the start-up problem.

But the keyboard lag could very well be low signal, because the keyboard will buffer the keys if it does not get confirmation from the PC that they were received properly. I experienced the same thing with a media PC, but I purchased a USB extension cable to move the receiver to the front of the PC and no more lag.

Solution

marshma11ow

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
the receiver for the keyboard and mouse is just like a usb drive that i stick it in the back of the PC. I'll try to stick it on the front and see if it makes any better. Thanks!

Yes. My media PC did not have a USB port on the front, that is why I needed the extension cable.