mac os x recover problem

hello,
i have this big problem with a promising game i am (was?) playing: i
just got to the castle's wand, i was wishing for some nice equipment,
and the game crashed! i might mention it is the first time i ever got
there... i really hoped this to be my first ascension!
so, i wonder how i can recover the game on my ibook running mac os x
panther. i can't even find the 'recover' binary! any help is greatly
appreciated! private mail is ok, just make 'nono' become 'gmail'.
many thanks and greetings,
stefano

cineocchio wrote:

> so, i wonder how i can recover the game on my ibook running mac os x
> panther. i can't even find the 'recover' binary! any help is greatly
> appreciated! private mail is ok, just make 'nono' become 'gmail'.
> many thanks and greetings,

First, make a copy of your NetHack directory (if you can), just to be
sure that no files are automatically deleted.

Then, if the Mac binary works like the DOS/Windows binary, it should be
sufficient to start NetHack and use your crashed user's name.

The recover utility no longer constitutes a separate program, but is
integrated into the normal NetHack binary.

Hope this works the same in Mac and Windows, and hope this helps.

--
Boudewijn.

Boudewijn Waijers <kroisos@REMOVETHISWORD.home.nl> wrote:

> The recover utility no longer constitutes a separate program, but is
> integrated into the normal NetHack binary.
>
> Hope this works the same in Mac and Windows, and hope this helps.

thank you,
actually this didn't work until i did stop the terminal app and started
it again. now my valkyrie is way down in gehennom, hoping to find
something useful to levitate and be able to eventually come back up!
greetings and thanks,
stefano

cineocchio wrote:

> thank you,

You're welcome.

> now my valkyrie is way down in gehennom, hoping to find something
> useful to levitate and be able to eventually come back up!

Note that Vlad's Tower contains boots of water walking. Not actually a
levitation item, but still useful for crossing the Castle level, the
Medusa level, and Juiblex' swamp.

--
Boudewijn.

TRENDING THREADS