Sign in with
Your question

SiS735 and Athlon

Last response: in CPUs
June 12, 2001 7:14:27 AM

Just when we are dissing Taiwanese chipset makers, SiS comes through with a real winner. Check it out:

http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q2/010611/index...

It is inexpensive (one chip for both north bridge and south bridge) and it provides even better performance than AMD 760 plus perfect system stability (quoting THG). Good news indeed.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**

More about : sis735 athlon

June 12, 2001 8:25:30 AM

Hmmm... I think we all read the article. =) It's only on the front page. I had heard good things about that board back in December of last year.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"
June 12, 2001 10:02:23 AM

Looks like an excellent product. My only question is; is the nForce better in terms of performance and reliability? The nForce is going to cost more, so will it be worth the price?

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 12, 2001 4:19:17 PM

The 20% slower MX graphics I don't care about and wouldn't use, the audio I would love to have. I wonder how well it will work with a Radeon 2 in which I can hook up directly to a HDTV. If that combo works then that would be one awesome performing entertainment package. Might even last 2 years before the next major upgrade.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>
June 12, 2001 5:03:10 PM

Exactly the system I hope to build once they all come available. Paired with a Nice Athlon 4 of course.
I just hope the nForce allows the use of non NVidia card. If not then those plans will be out the window.

Any of you guys got a couple of grand lying around you could lend me... well, give me.....??¿

<font color=blue>Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!</font color=blue>
!