SiS735 and Athlon

Just when we are dissing Taiwanese chipset makers, SiS comes through with a real winner. Check it out:

http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q2/010611/index.html

It is inexpensive (one chip for both north bridge and south bridge) and it provides even better performance than AMD 760 plus perfect system stability (quoting THG). Good news indeed.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**
4 answers Last reply
More about sis735 athlon
  1. Hmmm... I think we all read the article. =) It's only on the front page. I had heard good things about that board back in December of last year.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"
  2. Looks like an excellent product. My only question is; is the nForce better in terms of performance and reliability? The nForce is going to cost more, so will it be worth the price?

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."
  3. The 20% slower MX graphics I don't care about and wouldn't use, the audio I would love to have. I wonder how well it will work with a Radeon 2 in which I can hook up directly to a HDTV. If that combo works then that would be one awesome performing entertainment package. Might even last 2 years before the next major upgrade.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>
  4. Exactly the system I hope to build once they all come available. Paired with a Nice Athlon 4 of course.
    I just hope the nForce allows the use of non NVidia card. If not then those plans will be out the window.

Any of you guys got a couple of grand lying around you could lend me... well, give me.....??¿

<font color=blue>Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Chipsets