Event viewer of 17,264 warning and errors

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012

The Event Viewer logs everything. An error in the log isn't necessarily a problem in itself; you can drive yourself nuts trying to track down every single entry, but it won't noticeably improve your computing experience unless you've noticed a real problem outside of the log.

There are, in other words, a lot of practically harmless errors in your log. I heartily recommend you don't try to chase them all down unless you have a real and demonstrable problem that occurs at the same time as a given error or set of errors in your log.

That said, the best way to fix the errors (if you're inclined to do so) is to google the error codes/messages. That's the best answer I can give you based on the information you've provided. If there's a particular error with which you'd like assistance, feel free to post the relevant info and we'll do what we can.

Event Viewer Logs every event that happens....I tend to look at it every month or so.

Expand the Windows Logs section and you will see 5 logs. here's what I am showing:

Application: 6k-ish events
Security: 7k-ish events
Setup: 220 Events
System: 18k-ish events
Forward: 0 Events

You can clear this but before doing so, I'd copy ll the error and warning messages and try and track them down. Shouldn't be many.