Suddenly i cant open the sound control panel :s

Hello,
I'm just using my computer as i always do but suddenly when i wanted to switch to my speakers instead of headset my sound control panel wouldn't open and i cant use skype or any soundusing program until i restart my computer, then it works again until a random time when it happens again and i have to restart my computer :s

My computer is a desktop i build myself, i have never had this kind of problem before. It started about 2-3 days ago and i have no clue of what i have done..

Tried to update all audiodrivers, uninstall and re-install, still not working as it should.
6 answers Last reply
More about suddenly open sound control panel
  1. Hmm, did you install different sound drivers by any chance?

And just to clarify, are you talking about the windows system sound, or about the realtek sound control panel? (Or a different thing based on what sound chip you have.)
  2. Well, i did reinstall windows 7 but i have never had this problem before :/
    It's the windows sound panel, where i'm supposed to change Playback and Recording devices.
  3. Is it possible that my headset (Logitech G930) can be the cause?
    I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it thou
  4. craw90 said:
    Is it possible that my headset (Logitech G930) can be the cause?
    I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it thou

I also started having this problem when I bought a G930. I would love some help if anyone would please.
  5. dyl421421 said:
    I also started having this problem when I bought a G930. I would love some help if anyone would please.

Hey, it seems i solved it by reinstalling windows on my pc, never had the problem since then, guess it was some kind of bug when i installed windows first time.
  6. dyl421421 said:

I have had the same problem with the G930. I found that if I just unplugged the USB receiver for the headset and plugged it in a new USB slot that it would fix my problem. It's less the hassle than re-installing windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Control Panel Computers Windows 7