Still looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivertoyz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hello again. Still trying to find the right laptop. Any info,tips, advice or general knowledge or opinions would be greatly appreciate. Thank you

1. What is your budget? $2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17.3

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 3 hours would be nice but not that important

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? 7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) photo editing, music. Best entertainment! Gaming, I like to have the option.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB at least (7200rpm)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. $2207- ASUS G73SW-3DE - PRE ORDER
- FREE!! UPS GROUND SHIPPING (Use Coupon Code FREESHIP in Checkout - US Only)
- 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Matte Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Screen (1920x1080) 120Hz 3D Ready w/ 3D Vision Glasses
- Included nVIDIA Wireless 3D Glasses
- ASUS Zero Bright Dot (ZBD) 30 Day Pixel Guarantee - (Included on ASUS Standard NON-Upgraded Displays)
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache) - Standard (Does not support DDR3 1600MHz Ram)
- Stock OEM Thermal Compound ( IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU Provided FREE with Processor Upgrade!)
- nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
- No Video Adapter
- 8,192MB (8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4x2GB) - Standard
- Standard Finish
- Standard White Backlit Keyboard
- Standard Matching Color WASD Keys
- 4X Blu-Ray Writer/Reader + 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive-
- - 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid 32MB Cache (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s) - Default
- - 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid 32MB Cache (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s) - Default
- No Additional Hard Drive in ODD Bay (When adding Hard Drive, Optical Drive Is Not Included/Removed)
-- Internal 8-in-1 Card Reader: MMC/SD/Mini-SD/XD/Memory Stick/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo
- Internal Bluetooth + EDR
- Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card
-- Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850 HDTV USB 2.0 ATSC/NTSC TV Tuner (Digital & Analog)
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Channels 24-bit External USB Sound Card
- Asus G Series Matching Backpack made by Targus
- Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
-- Asus G Series Gaming Mouse
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Pre-Installed + Drivers & Utilities Disk
- Combo Special for Both PC Works and Digital Works Suite
- 2 Year ASUS GLOBAL Warranty 24/7 Support / 1 Year North America (N.A.) Accidental Coverage (Accidental Requires Registration)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Also liked the HP Envy 17 3D series and the ASUS entertainment laptop, N series for the sound. Never heard one myself but they say its suppose to be top quality.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I like it to have SSD, nice clear, sharp screen w/ top sound quality. Like it to respond quick. Have room for all my music. I been waiting for sandy bridge but not sure if its still a good thing to have. I like the matte look.

I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.

Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?