Help, Restore & Back up problem

Hi guys I have an Acer M3400 with pre-installed windows 7. Every time I go on Back up & Restore to click 'Back up now' or 'Change Settings' or 'Manage Space' it directs me to this folder 'C:\Windows\system32 I even thought that it was the computer at first so I returned it and got a replacement and even so it's still the same problem :( please help. I want to back up and change the back up settings on my pc.
6 answers Last reply
More about help restore back problem
  1. Not sure what the issue is, what do you mean it "directs" you to that folder? Is that the default place it wants you to backup to? What is the exact window and messages that come up.
  2. hang-the-9 said:
    Not sure what the issue is, what do you mean it "directs" you to that folder? Is that the default place it wants you to backup to? What is the exact window and messages that come up.

If i click back up now it just goes into that folder, no window messages comes up

If you press back it just goes back to the Back up and Restore thing.
  3. 00am342a said:

Cheers mate :) this would definately help, I think my problem is something to do with the acer windows 7 built in, I could re-install a new copy of windows 7 but its too much effort going through those updates and installing all the files and drivers again. Thanks a lot :) :D
  4. Right-click on the shortcut and see the program it points to. Sounds like the backup shortcut is broken.
  5. hang-the-9 said:
    Right-click on the shortcut and see the program it points to. Sounds like the backup shortcut is broken.

It takes me to system32 again when I click open file location. :??:
  6. yologelo said:
    It takes me to system32 again when I click open file location. :??:

I mean look at where the shortcut goes to, it should point to a program, maybe in the system32 folder. Maybe something was deleted but the shortcut remained. The shortcut should have a path and file name listed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7