What to do with millions of Bags of Holding

Okay, well not exactly millions, but I currently have four. I'm using
one as a stash right now and carrying one on me as my main bag, and
then two empty ones. However, when I Ascend, I would prefer not to
leave any of them behind, because I lust after these damn things soooo
much in the games when I don't find them that to simply leave them by
the wayside when I Ascend to Demigoddess-hood would be a sin.

The way I look at it, I have three options:

1.) Separate out the Bags of Holding by contents. Put gems and other
point items in one, put backup armor and weapons in another, etc. I
don't particularly like this method.

2.) Mix everything randomly in all four bags. Make sure that each bag
has some holy waters and scrolls of remove curse. This has the
disadvantage that it'll be hard to find something (have to look through
lots of bags), but I won't really suffer from getting cursed in the
endgame as any single bag would have all of the cures I need.

3.) Try some sort of bizarre Boh-inside-of-BoH stacking involving the
use of normal bags. I've never done this before and I'm not quite sure
how it works; I just remember hearing about it on here. From what I
gather you can use the double weight reduction to carry a hell of a lot
of stuff with you into Ascension. Optimally I'd like to try this, if
the risks aren't high, that is.
36 answers Last reply
More about what millions bags holding

    Also carrying more than one BOH is only inviting the inevitable

    > So simply empty them, fold them up and put them into your emergency sack
    > (the one labeled "Do Not Bag" with the !oHW, /oC and ?oRC).
    >
    > Lars

    What do cursed scrolls of remove curse do? :-)

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Cyde Weys wrote:

    > Okay, well not exactly millions, but I currently have four. I'm using
    > one as a stash right now and carrying one on me as my main bag, and
    > then two empty ones. However, when I Ascend, I would prefer not to
    > leave any of them behind, because I lust after these damn things soooo
    > much in the games when I don't find them that to simply leave them by
    > the wayside when I Ascend to Demigoddess-hood would be a sin.

    Take one with you. Keep some potions of holy water outside the bag in case
    some caster goes insane.

    Leave one as a stash.
    Leave the other two standing right next to the stash, and if you must,
    grab them on the way back up. They're not worth anything at the end of the
    game.

    There's no reason to lug around multiple bags. Especially because it's
    easy to display all the potions or scrolls in a bag of mixed contents.

    - Matt

    In article <1119557015.598254.314090@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
    >3.) Try some sort of bizarre Boh-inside-of-BoH stacking involving the
    >use of normal bags.

    It's not really all that bizarre.

    If you want to carry of lot of loot that you would not normally take,
    put it in a BoH, and when you're satisfied, put it in 7 sacks, inside
    your regular bag and LEAVE IT ALONE. When you get to astral, take it
    out. Seven sacks is risky, but it only has to work once, and it's
    all extra stuff when you do it anyway.

    Matthew Lahut <mlahut@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in

    > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Cyde Weys wrote:
    >
    >> When I Ascend, I would prefer not
    >> to leave any of them behind, because I lust after these damn things
    >> soooo much in the games when I don't find them that to simply leave
    >> them by the wayside when I Ascend to Demigoddess-hood would be a sin.

    > There's no reason to lug around multiple bags. Especially because it's
    > easy to display all the potions or scrolls in a bag of mixed contents.

    Did you not see the whole part about not being able to leave them behind?
    Besides, they only weigh 15 each.

    --
    ~ Cyde Weys ~

    Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
    Aeria gloris, aeria gloris
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    fishbowl@conservatory.com (james) wrote in news:h3Gue.1398$8o.51
    @fed1read03:

    > In article <1119557015.598254.314090@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
    >>3.) Try some sort of bizarre Boh-inside-of-BoH stacking involving the
    >>use of normal bags.
    >
    > It's not really all that bizarre.
    >
    > If you want to carry of lot of loot that you would not normally take,
    > put it in a BoH, and when you're satisfied, put it in 7 sacks, inside
    > your regular bag and LEAVE IT ALONE. When you get to astral, take it
    > out. Seven sacks is risky, but it only has to work once, and it's
    > all extra stuff when you do it anyway.

    Why take it out at all? Can't you just leave it stacked permanently until
    Ascendance? Taking it out would just cause more weight problems.

    And does it have to be sacks? What about bags or oilskin bags?

    --
    ~ Cyde Weys ~

    Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
    Aeria gloris, aeria gloris
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Cyde Weys wrote:
    > Okay, well not exactly millions, but I currently have four. I'm using
    > one as a stash right now and carrying one on me as my main bag, and
    > then two empty ones.

    curse one and use it as a garbage can.

    > However, when I Ascend, I would prefer not to
    > leave any of them behind, because I lust after these damn things soooo
    > much in the games when I don't find them that to simply leave them by
    > the wayside when I Ascend to Demigoddess-hood would be a sin.

    So simply empty them, fold them up and put them into your emergency sack
    (the one labeled "Do Not Bag" with the !oHW, /oC and ?oRC).

    Lars
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    In news:<Xns967EBC55AB7B42galopagosterrapincy@199.45.49.11>, Cyde Weys
    <cyde@umd.edu> says...
    > fishbowl@conservatory.com (james) wrote in news:h3Gue.1398$8o.51
    > @fed1read03:
    > > In article <1119557015.598254.314090@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > > Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:
    > >>3.) Try some sort of bizarre Boh-inside-of-BoH stacking involving the
    > >>use of normal bags.
    > > If you want to carry of lot of loot that you would not normally take,
    > > put it in a BoH, and when you're satisfied, put it in 7 sacks, inside
    > > your regular bag and LEAVE IT ALONE. When you get to astral, take it
    > > out. Seven sacks is risky, but it only has to work once, and it's
    > > all extra stuff when you do it anyway.
    > Why take it out at all? Can't you just leave it stacked permanently until
    > Ascendance? Taking it out would just cause more weight problems.

    (no idea, wizmode it!)

    > And does it have to be sacks? What about bags or oilskin bags?

    Here is the full relevant spoiler text for you:

    ---- this is spoiler space ----

    ---- this is spoiler space ----

    ----
    Putting any of the following (and ONLY the following) items into any bag
    of holding will cause it to explode:
    (another) bag of holding
    bag of tricks (with non-zero charge)
    wand of cancellation (with non-zero charge)
    It is sometimes possible to put one of these items into nested sacks
    and/or oilskin sacks and then place them safely inside a bag of holding.
    The chance of an explosion occurring then depends on the amount of
    nesting:
    sacks: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 n
    odds: 1/1 2/2 3/4 4/8 5/16 6/32 7/64 8/128 9/128 (n+1)/128
    ----

    So you see that seven sacks is the optimal value, but there is still a
    1/16 chance that it will explode.

    /Kristoffer

    --
    This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
    Gurl fnl gung n eharq oebnqfjbeq anzrq Fgbezoevatre nggenpgf ibegvprf.

    Quoting Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu>:
    >Okay, well not exactly millions, but I currently have four. I'm using
    >one as a stash right now and carrying one on me as my main bag, and
    >then two empty ones. However, when I Ascend, I would prefer not to
    >leave any of them behind,

    I would put all the spares in your oilskin sack named EMERGENCY. You have
    an oilskin sack marked EMERGENCY, right?
    --
    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
    Today is Epithumia, Presuary - a weekend.

    Cyde Weys wrote:

    > Okay, well not exactly millions, but I currently have four. I'm using
    > one as a stash right now and carrying one on me as my main bag, and
    > then two empty ones. However, when I Ascend, I would prefer not to
    > leave any of them behind, because I lust after these damn things soooo
    > much in the games when I don't find them that to simply leave them by
    > the wayside when I Ascend to Demigoddess-hood would be a sin.

    By the time I've finished mines end I usually have a
    few chests and/or boxes. I like to name one of them
    "Ascension Kit" and keep it on my stash level. Any
    items I intend to carry onto the planes. Get a spare
    container and put them in it. Take them out on your
    final climb to the planes but leave the extras in
    your stash until then.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Lars Kecke wrote:
    > curse one and use it as a garbage can.

    So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    In article <1119641767.185792.88220@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    Magus Zeal <maguszeal@gmail.com> wrote:

    >So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    >bag of holding?

    Yeah. A gelatinous cube can eat a lot as well.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Magus Zeal wrote:
    > Lars Kecke wrote:
    >
    >>curse one and use it as a garbage can.
    >
    > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.

    I used to dig a pit, drop the trash into the pit, and fill it with a
    boulder. Though the items have not vanished in this process, they are
    neither annoyingly lying around nor accessible for creatures.

    You may also polypile heapss of items into golems. Or let them vanish
    in the process of aquiring some useful stuff, as a side effect.

    Janis
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    In article <1119641767.185792.88220@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    "Magus Zeal" <maguszeal@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Lars Kecke wrote:
    > > curse one and use it as a garbage can.
    >
    > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.

    One good way is to put them in a chest (or other container) and
    polymorph it. Neat and clean and no nasty golems to deal with.

    Cheers,
    Art

    --
    Art Willis
    nhplayer@trantor.nospam.com Despam to reply

    On 6/24/05 3:36 PM, Magus Zeal wrote:

    > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.

    Why are you trying to destroy items in the first place? Put them in a
    container and then walk away.

    If you really must destroy items, put them in a bag of holding, then
    throw in another bag of holding, wand of cancellation, or bag of tricks.

    --
    Kevin Wayne

    "Art is a tremendous means by which painfully guarded individuals bare
    their souls." --Steve Hindalong
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    "Magus Zeal" <maguszeal@gmail.com> writes:

    > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.

    You could drop them in a convenient pool or moat. That's what I do
    with Vorpal Blade and (in Slash'EM) wands of draining.
    Eva.

    --
    Eva Myers, Computer Officer, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge
    Email: erm1001@cam.ac.uk WWW: http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~eva/

    Kevin Wayne wrote:
    > On 6/24/05 3:36 PM, Magus Zeal wrote:
    >
    >> So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    >> bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    >> the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.
    >
    > Why are you trying to destroy items in the first place? Put them in a
    > container and then walk away.

    They still use up memory (should only be a problem in the real.mode DOS
    version, or when you want to carry savegames on diskettes), and IIRC
    stacks with more than 32767 items (or was that the maximum number of
    items on a given level?) caused segfaults.

    > If you really must destroy items, put them in a bag of holding, then
    > throw in another bag of holding, wand of cancellation, or bag of tricks.

    I prefer polymorphing chests/sacks. They're cheaper.

    Lars
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Matthew Lahut wrote:

    > Leave one as a stash.

    Don't. A stash is to put things in that you don't want other creatures
    to pick up. You want to be able to put *everything* in it, without
    having to worry about including bags of holding, bags of tricks and
    wands of cancellation.

    Also, carry only one, no matter how many or how few bags of holding you
    usually find, with other characters. Your current character has never
    met them, and never will, so he won't be able to brag to them about it.

    --
    Boudewijn.

  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    ihope wrote:

    > What do cursed scrolls of remove curse do? :-)

    They remove ball and chain, but that's all, unless you're confused, in
    which case nothing happens.

    --
    Boudewijn.

  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Janis Papanagnou wrote:

    > You may also polypile heapss of items into golems. Or let them vanish
    > in the process of aquiring some useful stuff, as a side effect.

    When I polypile, I always put lots of worthless items made of the same
    material on top of the pile, hoping the game will choose *these* items
    to turn into a golem, and polymorph the items below.

    Does this actually work?

    --
    Boudewijn.

  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Cyde Weys wrote:

    > Why take it out at all? Can't you just leave it stacked permanently
    > until Ascendance? Taking it out would just cause more weight
    > problems.

    Correct.

    > And does it have to be sacks? What about bags or oilskin bags?

    There are no (identified) bags or oilskin bags. There are only sacks and
    oilskin sacks (next to the two magical bags). Unidentified, they're all
    "bags".

    --
    Boudewijn.

  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

    > When I polypile, I always put lots of worthless items made of the same
    > material on top of the pile, hoping the game will choose *these* items
    > to turn into a golem, and polymorph the items below.

    Sounds interesting. (A golem - or skeleton, BTW -, the defender of the
    newly created valuable items!)

    > Does this actually work?

    Erm.. Shouldn't you answer that question since you regularily use that
    polypiling tactics. :-) What's your experience thus far; does it seem
    to work?

    Janis
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

    > ihope wrote:
    >
    >> What do cursed scrolls of remove curse do? :-)
    >
    > They remove ball and chain, but that's all,

    Hey, thanks! I didn't know that!

    Raisse, killed by burning scrolls

  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Magus Zeal wrote:

    > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.

    Easy is a matter of interpretation. Dump them in a pool
    is easy if you have a pool, hard if you don't. Polymorph
    a box/chest full of items is easy if you have the wand,
    hard if you don't.

    Using a cursed bag of holding makes items no longer
    exist which can't be said for dumping in water or burying.
    It also uses no consumable resources which all the other
    mentioned ones do. But it takes plenty of tries to
    guarantee the elimination of any one item.
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
    > Also, carry only one, no matter how many or how few bags of holding you
    > usually find, with other characters. Your current character has never
    > met them, and never will, so he won't be able to brag to them about it.

    I frequently carry two for the ascension run, with holy water,
    scrolls of remove curse, and other important equipment split between
    them. What qualifies as "important" depends on how much inventory
    shuffling I feel like doing... the uncursing supplies are the vital
    part, but I usually add a wand or two of death, some wands of digging
    and other utility wands, half of my full healing potions, a spare means
    of levitation, a charged magic marker and some paper, and some K-rats.
    Sometimes other stuff.

    Doing this practically nullifies the threat of one of the bags
    getting cursed, without necessitating carrying heavy potions and stuff
    outside a bag of holding, and drastically reduces the encumbrance hit of
    one of them getting unblessed. Together, those effects turn one of the
    bags getting unblessed from an emergency "rebless it now before it gets
    cursed, and stop it from Stressing me" to a minor issue that can be
    handled at my convenience.

    I've never even come close to putting one inside the other. I
    never put *all* of my tools into my bag (unlike wands), so there's not
    really much opportunity, and I'm careful and consistent about what
    inventory letter I assign it, so I won't accidentally do it thinking I'm
    doing something else.

    --
    John Campbell
    jcampbel@lynn.ci-n.com

    Eva Myers wrote:
    > "Magus Zeal" <maguszeal@gmail.com> writes:
    >
    > > So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    > > bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    > > the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.
    >
    > You could drop them in a convenient pool or moat. That's what I do
    > with Vorpal Blade and (in Slash'EM) wands of draining.
    > Eva.

    Hmmm. I think the game needs some kind of subaquatic creature capable
    of retrieving wands from the bottom of pools and then using them on the
    player. A water-gnome..?
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
    > Janis Papanagnou wrote:
    >

    >>You may also polypile heapss of items into golems. Or let them vanish
    >>in the process of aquiring some useful stuff, as a side effect.
    >

    > When I polypile, I always put lots of worthless items made of the same
    > material on top of the pile, hoping the game will choose *these* items
    > to turn into a golem, and polymorph the items below.
    >
    > Does this actually work?

    polyuse() does only use up enough items to make up the weight of the
    golem so the extra junk does reduce the chances of the useful items
    being destroyed. There's a random factor in the item selection so it
    doesn't matter whether the junk is on top.

    Atillo
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:23:53 +0200, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

    > ihope wrote:
    >
    >> What do cursed scrolls of remove curse do? :-)
    >
    > They remove ball and chain, but that's all, unless you're confused, in
    > which case nothing happens.

    Henceforth I will name such scrolls "divorce" after identifying them.

    Hey, maybe you should be able to get rid of an unwanted nymph or succubus
    by handing it such a scroll?
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    On 27 Jun 2005 00:04:17 -0700, dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

    > Eva Myers wrote:
    >> "Magus Zeal" <maguszeal@gmail.com> writes:
    >>
    >>> So what's the easiest way to dispose of many items? Just use a cursed
    >>> bag of holding? Because I tried locking stuff in a chest, then smashing
    >>> the chest open, but that didn't get rid of enough.
    >>
    >> You could drop them in a convenient pool or moat. That's what I do
    >> with Vorpal Blade and (in Slash'EM) wands of draining.
    >> Eva.
    >
    > Hmmm. I think the game needs some kind of subaquatic creature capable
    > of retrieving wands from the bottom of pools and then using them on the
    > player. A water-gnome..?

    Speaking of evil ideas, what's happened to KPD? He hasn't posted recently.
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Quoting <dogscoff@eudoramail.com>:
    >Eva Myers wrote:
    >>You could drop them in a convenient pool or moat. That's what I do
    >>with Vorpal Blade and (in Slash'EM) wands of draining.
    >Hmmm. I think the game needs some kind of subaquatic creature capable
    >of retrieving wands from the bottom of pools and then using them on the
    >player. A water-gnome..?

    Perhaps water trolls can do this.

    --
    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
    Today is First Tuesday, Presuary.

    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
    > Quoting <dogscoff@eudoramail.com>:
    > >Eva Myers wrote:
    > >>You could drop them in a convenient pool or moat. That's what I do
    > >>with Vorpal Blade and (in Slash'EM) wands of draining.
    > >Hmmm. I think the game needs some kind of subaquatic creature capable
    > >of retrieving wands from the bottom of pools and then using them on the
    > >player. A water-gnome..?
    >
    > Perhaps water trolls can do this.

    They used to be able to, but they were prevented from doing so, because
    they were hoovering up all the kelp fronds.

    : "Its habit of getting up late you'll agree / That it carries too far, :
    : when I say / That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea / And :
    : dines on the following day." -- Lewis Carroll, The Hunting of the Snark :
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    Quoting Ross Presser <rpresser@gmail.com>:
    >Speaking of evil ideas, what's happened to KPD? He hasn't posted recently.

    He went on a long bicycle tour. Perhaps he'll get a grip while he's away.
    --
    David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
    Today is First Tuesday, Presuary.
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    In article <AOeve.946$Q75.153259@newshog.newsread.com>,
    Kevin Wayne <killedbyafoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Why are you trying to destroy items in the first place? Put them in a
    >container and then walk away.

    I see you've never played an endurance game. You start wanting to
    destroy stuff when you've got hundreds of pages of stuff on your altar
    square.

    >If you really must destroy items, put them in a bag of holding, then
    >throw in another bag of holding, wand of cancellation, or bag of tricks.

    But a cursed BoH is reusable.

    I'm not willing to discuss whether a playing style that leads to a lot
    of loot is valid or whatever. Not every character wants to "get it over
    with and get to the planes". Some challenge games can go for millions
    of turns. You can end up with enough keys and iron chains alone to be a
    nuisance...
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    On 6/28/05 6:57 PM, james wrote:
    > In article <AOeve.946$Q75.153259@newshog.newsread.com>,
    > Kevin Wayne <killedbyafoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Why are you trying to destroy items in the first place? Put them in a
    >>container and then walk away.
    >

    > I see you've never played an endurance game.

    Indeed.

    >>If you really must destroy items, put them in a bag of holding, then
    >>throw in another bag of holding, wand of cancellation, or bag of tricks.
    >
    > But a cursed BoH is reusable.

    So you've got so much stuff lying around that it causes a serious need
    to get rid of stuff, but you need to conserve bags of holding?

    > I'm not willing to discuss whether a playing style that leads to a lot
    > of loot is valid or whatever.

    Neither am I.

    --
    Kevin Wayne

    "Art is a tremendous means by which painfully guarded individuals bare
    their souls." --Steve Hindalong
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    In article <ibqwe.1334$Q75.197521@newshog.newsread.com>,
    Kevin Wayne <killedbyafoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >So you've got so much stuff lying around that it causes a serious need
    >to get rid of stuff, but you need to conserve bags of holding?

    Just one, cursed, conveniently located, yeah. Nearly essential in
    certain situations.
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

    John Campbell wrote:
    > Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
    >
    > > Also, carry only one, no matter how many or how few bags of holding you
    > > usually find, with other characters. Your current character has never
    > > met them, and never will, so he won't be able to brag to them about it.
    >
    > I frequently carry two for the ascension run, with holy water,
    > scrolls of remove curse, and other important equipment split between
    > them. What qualifies as "important" depends on how much inventory
    > shuffling I feel like doing... the uncursing supplies are the vital
    > part, but I usually add a wand or two of death, some wands of digging
    > and other utility wands, half of my full healing potions, a spare means
    > of levitation, a charged magic marker and some paper, and some K-rats.
    > Sometimes other stuff.
    >
    > Doing this practically nullifies the threat of one of the bags
    > getting cursed

    Carrying one BoH and one oilskin or regular sack completely
    nullifies the threat of the BoH getting cursed.

    > without necessitating carrying heavy potions and stuff
    > outside a bag of holding, and drastically reduces the encumbrance hit of
    > one of them getting unblessed. Together, those effects turn one of the
    > bags getting unblessed from an emergency "rebless it now before it gets
    > cursed, and stop it from Stressing me" to a minor issue that can be
    > handled at my convenience.

    Okay. I guess it depends on how much stuff you want to
    put in the second bag. If all you put in is holy water
    and whatever wands of cancellation you decide to ascend
    with that isn't much weight to need reduction.

    > I've never even come close to putting one inside the other. I
    > never put *all* of my tools into my bag (unlike wands), so there's not
    > really much opportunity, and I'm careful and consistent about what
    > inventory letter I assign it, so I won't accidentally do it thinking I'm
    > doing something else.

Games Video Games