polymorphing pet

marsh

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2002

I don't totally know how it happened, but on DL6 I was attacked by a
hell hound. I managed to survive long enough for it to polymorph into
a pony. I tamed the pony and now it keeps polymorphing into different
things. Although this is fun, I don't want it to poly into a grid bug
while fighting something. Is there a way to stop it from polymorphing?
Can I stop it while it is an Archon or something and have it stay that
way? Also, why did this start happening in the first place? Any help
would be great. Thanks.

"Marsh" <weidman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't totally know how it happened, but on DL6 I was
> attacked by a hell hound. I managed to survive long enough
> for it to polymorph into a pony. I tamed the pony and now
> it keeps polymorphing into different things. Although this is
> fun, I don't want it to poly into a grid bug while fighting
> something. Is there a way to stop it from polymorphing?

Zap or cast a cancellation spell at it.

> Also, why did this start happening in the first place?

Your pet's a chameleon. These monsters can change form at will.

P.

sorry i think i missed your post could you send it again?

thanks

"Paul E Collins" <find_my_real_address@CL4.org> writes:
> "Marsh" <weidman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't totally know how it happened, but on DL6 I was
> > attacked by a hell hound. I managed to survive long enough
> > for it to polymorph into a pony. I tamed the pony and now
> > it keeps polymorphing into different things. Although this is
> > fun, I don't want it to poly into a grid bug while fighting
> > something. Is there a way to stop it from polymorphing?
>
> Zap or cast a cancellation spell at it.

Won't have any effect; a cancelled shapeshifter can still shapeshift,
though it won't be able to use any of the abilities of its new form
that are susceptible to cancellation. You'd need a ring of protection
from shape changers, but this will fix it to its natural form rather
than any other.

: "Its habit of getting up late you'll agree / That it carries too far, :
: when I say / That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea / And :
: dines on the following day." -- Lewis Carroll, The Hunting of the Snark :