Windows update problem

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hey guys i have a pc just for gaming and alldata pro. I have not used it much since i have been working a lot. When i turned it on it said u have updates and please restart i restart but windows crashed before it got out of boot. The next time i turned on the pc it said start up repair i said ok fix problem it said no can't fix would u like to use system restore i said no. I tried to use the win7 pro dvd to do boot repair and it said u have the wrong cd but i know its the right now. So i gave in and did system restore win't in asked again for update now its way old so lots of update i said ok. again win7 boot crash. and now any time i try to update using win7 pro update it dose the same thing on next boot. any one else have this problem? I found out its one of the update files from 1/8/13 release of updates. also new problem win7 and motherboard is only showing 8 gigs of my 16 gigs of ram. if i take it out and only use 2 of the 4 sticks the all work.

amd 8120

asus crosshair v

16 gigs gskill sniper

plextor ssd

wd black 750 gig

evga gtx 580

bigfoot e2100 nic

xfi pro sond card

you may find that updating certain computers, the updates are incompatible with the hardware. Or the security you installed is screwing up the updates, etc...
This is why some people shut off the updates, including me. Or they use critical updates only.
Furthermore there may be a list of incompatible updates on the manufacturer website...
That being said set automatic updates to OFF.
Turn ALL security and firewall OFF.
unplug the internet connection, to prevent updates from being installed, while you repair the OS.
Set the bios to boot the DVD drive first.
Put the win 7 disk in the drive and start the computer.
Select Upgrade. Do not fresh install, upgrade only.
This reloads the operating system, eliminates all installed updates, without erasing the programs or your own files.
This repairs the OS without erasing your personal stuff.
Then, keep the win 7 automatic updates shut off in the future.
Use a professional all in one antivirus security system. Not the free ones. Do not load mismatched security into the system.
Professional security will protect the machine, without loading windows updates. I have used this system for years, with no surprises, caused by updates.
I would prefer not to use automatic updates at all.

Don't be obsessed with updating, it can cause problems on some computers.