There's no "Create Food" spell?

For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I find a way
to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.

Simmie Simmerson wrote:

>For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I find a way
>to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.

What you are looking for is stone-to-flesh. Choose your stones wisely.

"Simmie Simmerson" <radiohead3@earthlink.net> writes:
> For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I find a way
> to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.

There isn't "create food" (you may be thinking of the horn of plenty
tool); only "detect food" (which can be cast even if you would be too
near starving to cast other spells, and doesn't cause hunger loss).

: "Its habit of getting up late you'll agree / That it carries too far, :
: when I say / That it frequently breakfasts at five-o'clock tea / And :
: dines on the following day." -- Lewis Carroll, The Hunting of the Snark :

> Simmie Simmerson wrote:
>
>>For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I find a
>>way to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.
> What you are looking for is stone-to-flesh. Choose your stones wisely.

So that's why there are all those statues....

Simmie Simmerson babbled on for HOURS on 26 Jun 2005:

>> Simmie Simmerson wrote:
>>
>>>For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I
>>>find a way to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.
>> What you are looking for is stone-to-flesh. Choose your stones
>> wisely.
>
> So that's why there are all those statues....

I prefer rocks. Or better yet boulders. They don't bite back.

Phlimm wrote:
> Simmie Simmerson babbled on for HOURS on 26 Jun 2005
(but forgot to attribute Gary Olson):

>>> What you are looking for is stone-to-flesh. Choose your stones
>>> wisely.

>> So that's why there are all those statues....

> I prefer rocks. Or better yet boulders. They don't bite back.

What a pity you cannot cast it at the walls or the rock behind them!

--
Boudewijn.

"Would those who believe in telekinesis please raise my hand?"
- Maarten Pieters, in NRC Handelsblad.

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> Phlimm wrote:
>>Simmie Simmerson babbled on for HOURS on 26 Jun 2005
> (but forgot to attribute Gary Olson):

> What a pity you cannot cast it at the walls or the rock behind them!

Yes, it would be nice if casting it at a wall caused a shower of
meatballs to come down, or some other such meat-related event. It
probably would be too powerful if it dug out the space and put a huge
chunk of meat there.

Meatballs wouldn't be enough to compensate for the hunger loss of
casting (they're barely enough to compensate for the time to eat them)
but as it is now it's just baffling why there is no event at all.

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

>Phlimm wrote:
>

>>Simmie Simmerson babbled on for HOURS on 26 Jun 2005
>>

> (but forgot to attribute Gary Olson):

>>>So that's why there are all those statues....
>>>

>>I prefer rocks. Or better yet boulders. They don't bite back.
>>

>What a pity you cannot cast it at the walls or the rock behind them!

What a pity the staffs aren't made out of hickory or mesquite. With some
scrolls of earth, some mesquite staffs, & stone to flesh we could have a
real barbeque on the Plane of Fire. Pacify all the monsters with cloud
of mesquite blue smoke. Just don't run out of mojo or scrolls. Now where
did I put that potion of BBQ sauce?

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> Phlimm wrote:
>>Simmie Simmerson babbled on for HOURS on 26 Jun 2005
> (but forgot to attribute Gary Olson):

>>>So that's why there are all those statues....
>
>>I prefer rocks. Or better yet boulders. They don't bite back.
>
> What a pity you cannot cast it at the walls or the rock behind them!

I'd rather say: what a luck.

Given Nethack's cruelty casting stone-to-flesh at the walls of a room
would make the whole room become a huge stomach that would digest you
before you'd reach the, hmm... - door.

Janis

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

swervy.aTAKE@this-out.gmail.com wrote:
[stone to flesh]
> Yes, it would be nice if casting it at a wall caused a shower of
> meatballs to come down, or some other such meat-related event.

If cast it at the ceiling you get "Blood drips on your face" :)

I think you're right, it'd be good to have at least a small risk of
being crushed by meat boulders a la a ?oEarth.

"As you read the scroll, it disappears. The ceiling rumbles above
you!--More--"
"Something smells delicious. You are hit by a huge chunk of meat!"

-- A.

--
My email address is hearse[AT]hotpop[DOT]com

Hearse Windows/Unix client: http://hearse.krollmark.com

Simmie Simmerson wrote:

> For some reason I thought there was a create food spell.

There's a create monster spell. It will generate plenty of
food with only a little bit of help from that very powerfull
pair of weapons you are wielding in alternation combined
with that stack of missiles in your quiver.

> Unless I find a way
> to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.

There is such a way to go without food at all if you chose
not to eat the freshly created food that litters the
dungeon as you wade through hordes of used-to-be-alive
monsters. The way is #pray. You must be Weak not Hungry
and you must not have prayed recently. Wear rings, carry
enough to be Burdened often and you could become Weak too
soon for your diety to handle the issue.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <VDyve.11890$pa3.5833@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Simmie Simmerson <radiohead3@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Simmie Simmerson wrote:
>>
>>>For some reason I thought there was a create food spell. Unless I find a
>>>way to feed off of the "living force" then I'm sca-rooed.
>> What you are looking for is stone-to-flesh. Choose your stones wisely.
>
>So that's why there are all those statues....

No, that's why it's possible for your ring of teleport control to be
granite and your ring of slow digestion to be topaz :) Top off that
meal with what used to be your luckstone :)

On 6/27/05 11:54 AM, Doug Freyburger wrote:

> you could become Weak too soon for your diety to handle the issue.

Is a diety the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny
aboriginal statues?

--
Kevin Wayne

"Art is a tremendous means by which painfully guarded individuals bare
their souls." --Steve Hindalong