Games off a flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I wondered if anyone knows how to get Empire Eath working off a flash drive? I bought the game years ago and I want to put it on my laptop. All the data has transfered from the CD to the drive but having installed it on hte laptop it still wants me to insert the CD when I start up the game (no CD drive on the laptop). I am not very computer literate so any help would be good. The laptop runs XP

Some games check for the CD and do not play without it. This said other games have it much worse then just a cd check.

There are no cd exe files. They are effectually patched game files to not need the CD to run. This is generally not something i can link you do on the forum here. I am almost sure that is against the terms. Google(empire earth copy protection + feeling lucky), but take care as there are virus out there posing as no-cd files.

Another option you have is to image(copy it to a single file on the computer with software) the DVD and mount it on a fake DVD drive on the laptop(the laptop will look like it has a DVD drive). So you image the disc on the computer with a DVD drive and bring that image to the computer that has no DVD drive and mount it in the same software on a virtual drive.

(Deamon Tools Lite)
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

Note:
I am not recommending using anything listed here to illegally obtain games or play them, but hey if you own the cd/dvd/bd, I see no issues with both NO-CD patches and drive emulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.