I finally found the "monitor" section. lol!

k_s1234

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Okay, on to my question! Well, before that, Hello! gents and ladies. I have been snooping around this fair community for a little while now and after much debating I am going to pump some steroids into my graphics card and buy a new monitor. Now heres my issue, the monitor is actually the part of the PC that I know the least about (even though it's the part that I spend the most time looking at.lol)
A few things;
1. I've been looking at glossy screen and non-glossy screen monitors (not the technical terms, I know) and I know the non-gloss screens dont have any reflections on them but the picture on the gloss screens are soooo much clearer and more crisp. To those of you who have used both which do you prefer? Is the glare on the screens really that much of a distraction? Does it really put that much strain on the eyes?
2. I want to get a 1080p monitor that's at least 20in but I don't care about 3D or anything of the such, also, my computer will be used for gaming and web surfing. Period. lol
3. I'm looking to spend between $200-300 dollars
4. All in all, I'm just looking for some decent advice on monitors, maybe what to look for or even some links to some good monitors if anyone has any.
Thanks in advance :)

k_s1234

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better

Budget Range: 200-300 (but the cheaper the better as long as i'm not sacraficing very much quality)

Monitor Usage from Most to least important: gaming and web surfing

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Country of Origin: USA baby

Brand Preferences: Good ones :p

Physical Size (Diagonal): At least 20in... probably no bigger than 27in

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1080p? the higher the better

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: 1
Panel Type(s) Desired: I dont know the difference

LED Backlight: I dont know

Speakers: None

Wall-Mount: none

Stand Functions: Height and tilt