YASD - The wonders of unplanned ascension

As promised, here's my YASD post!!
After my glorious descent into hell, after the disposal of such baddies as
Geryon, Asmodeus, Baalzebub (I so much hated him), Vlad, missile-happy
Yeenoghu and piece-of-cake Juiblex, after careful pathway digging, I waste
no less than three scrolls of magic mapping to find the entrance to
Rodney's lair. Things got even nastier in the shrine, where I was so upset
by the visit of 2 wizards at a time, that I over-enchanted my dear +7 Mojo
and dissolved it!!
Once I got the Amulet and climbed the stairs to the end game, I realized I
couldn't map them, my magic markers were all dry and I ended up wandering
in the darkness with a wand of digging until I stepped unto a
level-teleport trap and "landed" in the middle of the Plain of Air, where I
was surrounded by critters and quickly extinguished.
As a lighter note, on the last credits of my failure movie I noticed that I
had to kill the blue-clad wizard some 17 times! What the heck!!
I'm so unhappy right now... Next time I'll be more prepared I guess. But
that doesn't do much...
Going back to more chocolate-eating...
--
Lara aka Burymagnets

"Shoot myself to love you, if I loved myself, I'd be shooting you"
Fundamentally Loathsome - +Marilyn Manson+

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Lara wrote:

> Once I got the Amulet and climbed the stairs to the end game, I realized
> I couldn't map them, my magic markers were all dry and I ended up
> wandering in the darkness with a wand of digging until I stepped unto a
> level-teleport trap and "landed" in the middle of the Plain of Air,
> where I was surrounded by critters and quickly extinguished.

So you know one problem on the Planes: Getting to find the exits. Next
time, you will be prepared and you will find the shortest paths with ease.
(Still, survival is not guaranteed, of course.)

> As a lighter note, on the last credits of my failure movie I noticed
> that I had to kill the blue-clad wizard some 17 times! What the heck!!

Either you were really unlucky and the mysterious force got you several
times, or your strategy for the ascension run is flawed. As soon as you
wake up the wizard, you /run/. You do not spend any more time fighting
monsters than absolutely necessary.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de