FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, whats the story?

Most Benchmarks did not run?
Benchmarks scores sucked on AMD?
Come on, list the problems Tom. We want to know why you did not use your beloved AMD processors. (I would even accept answer from freddi)

Obviously compatability with Intel was not a problem on any test.

Add this to the list of incompatabilities.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does the fact that Tom choose to benchmark three high end open gl cards on a p4 automatically mean that he had problems running them on an AMD machine? Using this logic then I guess we can also say he had the same problems running them on a p3 and a p3 tully as well? How you can come to these blind assumptions is truly a reach of any logic what-so-ever. At least this time Tom did stick with one platform when comparing three seperate cards. My guess would be that he choose to use the p4 to make use of Nvidia's p4 optimized drivers to show nvidia in the best possible light.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ncogneto on 06/15/01 02:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

LOL @ U! The systems where DELL! Ofcourse they weren't any AMD setups. Without SSE2 the athlon won't be performing at the Pentium 4 level but it would run everything just fine.

"Add this to the list of incompatabilities."
You don't even know the story and you already declare it an incompatiblity, I wonder how many times you've done this. There are a lot of users out there that have athlons and work in these apps everyday so don't give me that crap.

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Where is this list of incompatibilities? Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it anywhere ...

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
LoL, the "list?" You mean the one you haven't actually produced yet? ROTFLMFAO :lol:

Plus, this one isn't even confirmed. Seems you're having to really grab at straws to find even <i>one</i> AMD incompatibility.

Oh, btw, 3DSMax does OpenGL just fine on my Athlon. The workhorse has handled every OpenGL app I've thrown at it, including a little code of my own. So that means you've proven all of...zero incompatibilities! Keep up the good work!

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry Fugger your wrong look:

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q4/001213/gl2-07.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q4/001213/gl2-07.html</A>

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

Yeah right ! Tom most likely wrote up fake results to make intel look bad.

! Member of the Intel Triple Threat w/ Fugger and AMDmeltdown !

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HAHAHAH, Nice link dork. try linking to the article in question not some old link from yesteryear.

Professionals use Intel, thats a given. maybe thats the reason why Tom left off AMD.

Tom, who favors AMD heavily, and did not even mention why the use of AMD was left out. face it girls your grasping at straws and looking really stupid in your lame attempts to discredit and disprove me.

Gotta try harder!

BTW none of you girls are part of THG staff, so your lame answers just dont cut it. I want to hear from the dog himself on this one.

G

yeah you tell him fugger.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Tom has always put the two platforms up against each other, why stop now? Tom has always favored AMD, why stop now?

I like the vopchill answer article "I refrained from adding any other component to the Power Box, such as a sound card, DVD-ROM, CD/RW and more, because the benchmarks in this first Power Box article would not benefit from it."

ROFLMAO!

Thats like car makers stripping everything(seats, doorpanels, hood, doors, trunk, dash, fenders) out of/off the car to get a MPG rating. sure the rating will be high but its not accurate for real world application.

G

Yeah RCF84 that link is old also. Using Older Apps not todays apps.

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you his chearleader?
there are a bunch or truly pathetic human beings here...
I'm beginning to wonder why I post...

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

HighCv2

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
He isn't backing u up, he echoes your every word... As in he doesn't have his own opinion.

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=red>Tom has always put the two platforms up against each other, why stop now? Tom has always favored AMD, why stop now?</font color=red>

Well, much to your demise every THG article does not and is not an Intel vs. AMD article. This was a a high end, open gl graphics card article in which he compared three different cards. So, I guess what you are saying that from this point forward, when reviewing Graphics cards, Tom should compare the cards against both platforms? So where then does it stop? Should he also compare them on a p3, duron, and mp platforms as well? Your convuluded self makes absolutly no sense at all! If Tom would have choosen to use an AMD system would this mean that the p4 had compatability issues? Not! And I see that you choose to ignore my intial question which I will put to you once again:

Does the fact that Tom did not include a p3 system mean that these platforms had issues as well?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
I believe that Tom only tested OpenGL on the P4 platform
for a couple of reasons.

When choosing hardware, the customer is normally only interested in the total price for a workstation.
and ...

Dell was our choice here since this PC manufacturer carries all the graphics cards we tested
My guess is that the customer, who would be shopping for
a total workstation solution, would go to a provider that
could give them that. Knowing that Dell doesn't carry any
AMD boxes and coupled with the fact that Dell carries all
the cards he tested, makes it seem like he's looking at
it from the customer's point of view.

If you really wanted to find answers you could of course,
just email Tom and just ask yourself.

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your pathetic attempts at trying to align your self on a team only shows proof that you are not capable of any realistic thought process on your own. Why you seem to think the sole purpose of this forum is merely a place to flounder misguided AMD vs. Intel threads is beyond me. One would hope you capable of using your own intellect at comprehended the facts put forth to you and from that coming to your own conclusions. The choice you make be it Intel or AMD is not of issue but more rather why you made that choice and how you present it.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
bowser is a chearleader, he can't even troll on his own, he made no valid comment, he just said go get'em or whatever.
[-peep-] you

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Hey FUGGER, you can pat yourself on the back long enough to find out that everyone that could answer real questions for people that needed answers are leaving this forum. Tired of hearing the sh!t spew forth from your mouth. I for one am tired of hearing you whine everytime someone mentions something positive for AMD. You are a child that won't stfu about being right. You remind me of the retards that went to my high school (12 years ago) to get something they rammed their head into the lockers til they bleed. I wish you would leave this forum so people with computer problems could actually get real information instead of propaganda from a know nothing know it all.
I used to be a huge intel supporter until AMD came out with a superiour product. I will probably switch back to Intel when they get their sh!t back together. I don't care about the companys, I care about performance/price/stability and if you can't see that AMD won this round then you are blinded by rage. You can continue on your trip about stability problems, but until you can actually come up with this infamous list of incompatibilitys then you are goning to labeled a FUGGIN liar. Please respond with your usual laughing it off attitude, it helps everyone see you as you truely are. BTW sorry for anyone that is trying to gain usefull information from this forum, but until we can get rid of peeps like FUGGER/bowser and all the other kids that just want to start hate wars, we are stuck. Maybe you guys can start a race riot too while you are at it. Or maybe tom will take a look at whats going on in this forum and shut it down, I don't want it to happen, but apparently FUGGERS not gonna be happy until it does happen.

G

dude, a few things...
The link that Rcf48 posted is valid, those apps are still used today. It shows that the athlon can and does perform great without complications. Your comment about tom writing a fake arcticle was laughable, are you trying to be like that or what?

G

OMFG this thread is hilaroius, FUGGER WHAT WILL YOU TRY TO PROVE TO US NEXT??? OH THE SPACESHUTTLE IS ACTUALLY A SECRET BEOWULF CLUSTER MADE OF PENTIUM1S?

G

OMG guys!! i found a p4 incompatability!!!

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010530/geforce2-08.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010530/geforce2-08.html</A>

he is not testing the mx on the p4!!!!!!!!!!! damn the MX is incompatable with the P4!!!!!!!!!!!

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The only ones see whining are the Lemmings, they cannot put personal attacks aside long enough to make a valid point.

Take ncognito, total putz, he claims I make no sense at all, yet he is able to respond with more BS. he has no clue why Tom did not do his article on his beloved AMD. I know different, I know that AMD has compatability problems and was unable to be used for this article or he would have used it.

I want him to admit it. We already know those boards run on true Intel. lets see how many areas it fails in on the AMD platform or just tell us it wasnt worth persuing.

I know that AMD + AGP + win2k = problems on some systems

http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon-duron/amd_win2k_patch.html

Just didnt know its still a problem. Go tell that to the people your trying to push AMD systems on. its not a fix, just a workaround.

http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/sy-17.htm