Prayer questions

Suppose you have some cursed boots that you'd really like to wear but
you're short on the Holy H20.
There is always a chance of your inventory being uncursed by prayer,
but would the odds improve if you dropped the boots on an altar and
prayed there?

Also, is a water prayer ONLY a water prayer, or will your god do more
than one trick at a time?

cactus of doom wrote:

> There is always a chance of your inventory being uncursed by prayer,
> but would the odds improve if you dropped the boots on an altar and
> prayed there?

That guarantees they will remain cursed. Luck zero
and up praying can uncursed armor being worn. Luck
a bit higher gives a chance of items carried being
uncursed (I generally pick up lots of cursed items
before prayer for this reason). No amount of luck
will help an item on the ground get its curse
removed.

> Also, is a water prayer ONLY a water prayer, or will your god do more
> than one trick at a time?

Last time I checked this happens separately from the
rest.

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, cactus of doom wrote:

> Suppose you have some cursed boots that you'd really like to wear but
> you're short on the Holy H20.

Nitpick: O as in Oxygen, not 0 as in zero. Twenty hydrogens don't make
water.

> There is always a chance of your inventory being uncursed by prayer,
> but would the odds improve if you dropped the boots on an altar and
> prayed there?

You can wear the boots in any case. You'll just have trouble taking them
off. Cursed speed boots will still make you faster.

Dropping the boots on the altar would not be helpful.

> Also, is a water prayer ONLY a water prayer, or will your god do more
> than one trick at a time?

You can get something else good besides the water.

- Matt

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, cactus of doom wrote:

> Suppose you have some cursed boots that you'd really like to wear but
> you're short on the Holy H20.
> There is always a chance of your inventory being uncursed by prayer,
> but would the odds improve if you dropped the boots on an altar and
> prayed there?
>
> Also, is a water prayer ONLY a water prayer, or will your god do more
> than one trick at a time?

Water prayer is not only a water prayer.
At least in salsh'em, I've had water prayer also giving usual prayer
effects.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

i know about a water prayer but aside from this, does a prayer at an
alter effect items on the alter more ever then when they are on you...?

Thanks.

-Thomas

comments@foresightsagas.com wrote:

> i know about a water prayer but aside from this, does a prayer at an
> alter effect items on the alter more ever then when they are on you...?

Items on the ground at an altar during prayer - Water
is effected. No other items are effected in any way.
Do not confuse a sacrafice which makes a corpse go out
of existance with a pray which has no effect on most
items.