YANI: Stupid quest leaders

One game in a thousand...

Neferet the Green: "The Dark one sent a minion to steal the Eye of
Aehtiopica from me. Over the years I have invested much of my power
yada yada yada..."

*Player descends to the Dark One's lair, risking life and limb and
slaying all manner of hideous beasties in the process. Finally, after
an epic battle, he vanquishes his nemesis*

"The Dark One croaks out his final words: 'But I haven't got it...'"

*Player returns to Neferet the Green*

Neferet: "Oh, hold on, what's this down the side of my throne?"

G - the Eye of Aethiopica

*Player beats the @!*£ out of Neferet*

On 29 Jun 2005 07:14:08 -0700,
dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

> One game in a thousand...

Or on April Fool's Day.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan Sommers
<http://www.tombstonezero.net/dan/>

On 29 Jun 2005 07:14:08 -0700, dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

>One game in a thousand...
>
>Neferet the Green: "The Dark one sent a minion to steal the Eye of
>Aehtiopica from me. Over the years I have invested much of my power
>yada yada yada..."
>
>*Player descends to the Dark One's lair, risking life and limb and
>slaying all manner of hideous beasties in the process. Finally, after
>an epic battle, he vanquishes his nemesis*

Some other Quest maybe, but the Dork One is not much of a nemesis.

>"The Dark One croaks out his final words: 'But I haven't got it...'"

Last wizard but one my pet William the Arch-lich killed him on the up
stairs when I was on the downstairs.

"A croaky voice booms across the level, cursing you from three
rooms away."

>*Player returns to Neferet the Green*
>
>Neferet: "Oh, hold on, what's this down the side of my throne?"
>
>G - the Eye of Aethiopica

Typical absent-minded professor. What can you expect from
an someone who turned herself permanently green?

>*Player beats the @!*£ out of Neferet*

Hey, between Her Emeraldness & the Dork One you can
easily get one of the best artifacts in the game & a
guaranteed convertible altar.

Jove

Jove wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2005 07:14:08 -0700, dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
> >*Player descends to the Dark One's lair, risking life and limb and
> >slaying all manner of hideous beasties in the process. Finally, after
> >an epic battle, he vanquishes his nemesis*
>
> Some other Quest maybe, but the Dork One is not much of a nemesis.

You need to play slashem...