Sign in with
Your question

A perfect fix for the boards

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 18, 2001 3:42:30 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally am tired of the BS that is spewed by certain people on here just to incite a flame war. It goes for people on both sides of the AMD vs. Intel debate. Therefore, I suggest that you don't respond to them, and instead, block them out of your mind, as, in truth, there is so little coherent thought and logic within their posts, that it does no good to respond, and only gives them their little "high." Just ignore them, and while they may not go away quickly, eventually the "fun" will wear out, and those trolls may become less, umm... vocal. Who knows, maybe after awhile, they may post actual, intelligent ideas and thoughts. And if you're worried that their posts might actually influence people in their buying choices, then those people who actually believe the words of the trolls probably deserve whatever fate they get. Just my $0.02.

-SammyBoy

Without Evil, there can be no Good. Therefore, without an Intel, there can be no AMD.

More about : perfect fix boards

June 18, 2001 4:02:28 AM

I totally agree. Let's just ignore those clowns. There is no chance to have any meaningful discussion with them anyway. They are like toddlers -- saying/doing something naughty just to provoke a response from grown-ups. I think if everybody ignores them, it will drive them crazy.

From now on, I'll just ignore their posts, and if they ever try to provoke me, I'll just say something like, "You are proven to have no credibility on this board, so it's useless to reply you -- good bye!"

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**
June 18, 2001 5:11:59 AM

yup...
although thats a big assumption your making
"they may post actual, intelligent ideas or thoughts"

:) 

My Hamster has 512MB of SDRAM @ 150Mhz CAS 2!
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 18, 2001 6:54:48 AM

thats a stupid idea!

we can voice our opinions if we want to

i admit if its a dumb flame psot ignore it
but if someone bad mouths me or saying crap about stuff
ill respond

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--
June 18, 2001 7:51:46 AM

but then it continues - why not play the higher card and ignore it? I need to be more restrained too.

Does it really bother you what someone else you never have, nor ever will, meet says about you?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
June 18, 2001 12:32:56 PM

Suggested the same thing a while back.. doesn't
help.. trolls will be trolls I suppose.

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!
June 18, 2001 2:33:20 PM

yea.
workin on it, its not that easy.
lil bastards give out bad info then start the flame war.
you don't defend, some uninitiated will get bad info from said bastards.

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.
June 18, 2001 3:13:06 PM

When you read enough threads in this place, you eventually know who the idiots are and can ignore them. A bit like <i>'the boy who cried wolf'</i>.
Sometimes though they take a personal stab at you and you have to defend yourself.

<font color=blue>Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!</font color=blue>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 18, 2001 3:55:12 PM

we are arguing in here again!

my god ppl

who cares

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--
June 18, 2001 4:28:30 PM

uhm... arent you being a bit of a hypocrite with your signature? to some extent?

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong
June 19, 2001 2:57:16 AM

I totally agree...

I am fighting my own issues at home now. Seems my girlfriend is learning about computers...she is in the process of putting together a better machine than mine. That sucks I have had bragging rights on this network for almost a year...Think I will ever hear the end of it?

I would like to say there are some great people on this board...I think my favorite person here is crashman...he always knows how to make me laugh...thanks dude!

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.
June 19, 2001 4:00:52 AM

I agree with the premise of not responding. Even when I was a member of the "uninitiated", it was easy to spot those who were not providing helpful information. Besides, I don't think anyone who is really serious about building a system is going to base their decision on just a few threads. I hung around in the shadows for quite a while (about three months), reading and occasionally asking questions before I decided what I was going to try using. I respect you, ncognito, crash, raystonn, and others' opinions and ideas, and quickly realized that *ahem* others were here to provide a different kind of "help".

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 11:57:39 AM

my mum always says 'if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen'

if you dont like it

leave

however, we all start at the end and finish at the begining
June 19, 2001 3:39:25 PM

Awesome. The ignore function IS working. You guys are the best and the brightest.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?
June 19, 2001 5:56:30 PM

Give it up, mj!

When it comes to getting the most out of a box, women have us over a barrel. ;) 
June 19, 2001 7:05:46 PM

"Without Evil, there can be no Good. Therefore, without an Intel, there can be no AMD."

like your sig helps promote harmomy!!!!!

out of ideas, back soon !
June 19, 2001 10:27:59 PM

Yeah, it's a little hypocritical, but I was trying to say that without Intel around, AMD wouldn't be where they were. By comparing it to good and evil, it kinda says that AMD is good, and Intel in evil. Not the intent, but that is the perception. But, I couldn't think of anything that relies on the other so much as good and evil. I think for now though, I'll drop the sig. until I can think of a better one...

-SammyBoy
!