dungeon collapses?

I was fiddling around in wizmode (Slashem), lvl 30 and a pet demogorgon and a pet yeenoghu,
and was in genhomm. (if thats how you spell it...)
I went > a ladder, > again, up some stairs, and then...
"Oops...
Suddenly, the dungeon collapses.
monsndx - could not index monster (14687055)"
could I have entered demogorgons lair? or did the dungeon really collapse?
(knowing nethack/slashem, I wouldn't be surprised if the RNG sat on the dungeon and caused it to collapse...)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:50:02 -0500, noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I was fiddling around in wizmode (Slashem), lvl 30 and a pet demogorgon and a pet yeenoghu,
>and was in genhomm. (if thats how you spell it...)
>I went > a ladder, > again, up some stairs, and then...
>"Oops...
>Suddenly, the dungeon collapses.
>monsndx - could not index monster (14687055)"

The dungeon collapsed because of a corrupted file. You'l have to file a
bug report after finding a reproducable case.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:30:51 -0400
bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote:

| On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:50:02 -0500, noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com>
| wrote:
|
| >I was fiddling around in wizmode (Slashem), lvl 30 and a pet demogorgon and a pet yeenoghu,
| >and was in genhomm. (if thats how you spell it...)
| >I went > a ladder, > again, up some stairs, and then...
| >"Oops...
| >Suddenly, the dungeon collapses.
| >monsndx - could not index monster (14687055)"
|
| The dungeon collapsed because of a corrupted file. You'l have to file a
| bug report after finding a reproducable case.

thanks. although I'm not sure that you are supposed to have demogorgon as a pet,
so I don't know if its a bug or not.

noah bedford wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:30:51 -0400
> bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote:
>
> | On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:50:02 -0500, noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com>
> | wrote:
> |
> | >I was fiddling around in wizmode (Slashem), lvl 30 and a pet demogorgon and a pet yeenoghu,
> | >and was in genhomm. (if thats how you spell it...)
> | >I went > a ladder, > again, up some stairs, and then...
> | >"Oops...
> | >Suddenly, the dungeon collapses.
> | >monsndx - could not index monster (14687055)"
> |
> | The dungeon collapsed because of a corrupted file. You'l have to file a
> | bug report after finding a reproducable case.
> |
> thanks. although I'm not sure that you are supposed to have demogorgon as a pet,
> so I don't know if its a bug or not.

Wizmoding...

....nope. I dunno what caused it...

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com> wrote in

> I was fiddling around in wizmode (Slashem), lvl 30 and a pet demogorgon and
a pet yeenoghu,
> and was in genhomm. (if thats how you spell it...)
> I went > a ladder, > again, up some stairs, and then...
> "Oops...
> Suddenly, the dungeon collapses.
> monsndx - could not index monster (14687055)"
> could I have entered demogorgons lair? or did the dungeon really collapse?
> (knowing nethack/slashem, I wouldn't be surprised if the RNG sat on the
dungeon and caused it to collapse...)

always with this and cannot write lock check what df says about available
disk space (this changed it kernel 2.4.xx so there is a reserved amount not
reported as being free)