Sign in with
Your question

How to clean off Thermal Tape off of a Tbird

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 3:31:03 PM

Friend of mine has a Tbird and he used the heatsink that came with it, but he put it on and now he bought some Arctic Silver, and he wants to use Arctic Silver

anyways
how can he saftely clean off the thermal tape stuff?
off of the heatsink and the Tbird core??

Ideas?
appreciated thanks guys/gals

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 3:56:46 PM

use a hammer
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 4:06:23 PM

screw off!

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--
Related resources
June 19, 2001 4:30:44 PM

Use a strong liquid...I did it to my bro's Tbird 700 b4 he fried it. Try using rubbing alcohol, it should soften up the thermal pad.....than rub it off with a cloth.....do it to both the core and the Heatsink, k dude?

-MeTaL RoCkEr

AMD = Always Making Dough... =)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 5:41:50 PM

How about running it over with your car.

! Member of the Intel Triple Threat w/ Fugger and AMDmeltdown !
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 5:53:40 PM

Use a lighter and flame it!! Burn the [-peep-] AMD!!!! BURN!!!
June 19, 2001 5:57:21 PM

Man, that's why people get bad reps. They just don't have anything intelligent to say.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?
June 19, 2001 5:59:07 PM

Seriously, you might try using nail polish remover. But test it first on the heat sink rather than the processor.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 6:06:05 PM

its actually english... but anyways, just use a sharp scalpel and cut it off... but why did that stupid friend of yours put on a thermal pad? regular duct-tape makes better than that thermal pads!

Long live the King!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 6:50:12 PM

Member of the Triple threat - LOL, I thought you were "Bowser the Side Show Monkey"

Get some Alcoholo or maybe try a little Goop Off. Might have to let it sit a bit to try and soften the tape.

<font color=red>AMD Lemmings, Intel Lemmings - They all taste like chicken....</font color=red>
a b à CPUs
June 19, 2001 10:52:40 PM

Dishwashing detergent and hot water usually works good, better than alcohol or acetone for the soft stuff. Or charcoal lighter fluid is perfect for removing stubborn gummy stuff. I've given up on Acetone.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine
June 19, 2001 10:58:07 PM

The rubbing alch will usually work and won't damage the t-bird. There are solution compounds that you can also buy at the hardware stores that will remove it, but I don't know if they will harm the cpu or not.......

MeldarthX
June 20, 2001 12:30:31 AM

just look at those sad replies...
makes one embarrised to be of the same species really.

alcohohohohohol or nail polish remover.

Master PooBaa & Hamster

My Hamster has 512MB of SDRAM @ 150Mhz CAS 2!
!