stuck in gehennom?

My samurai has made it all the way to DL46 and is XL19. I dug out the
entire level looking for a downstairs and an upstairs to no avail. Even
using a glass orb I'm unable to find any way out other than the way I came
in. I even dug a pit and discovered the floor is too hard to dig any
further than a pit.

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> My samurai has made it all the way to DL46 and is XL19. I dug out the
> entire level looking for a downstairs and an upstairs to no avail. Even
> using a glass orb I'm unable to find any way out other than the way I came
> in. I even dug a pit and discovered the floor is too hard to dig any
> further than a pit.

What exactly is the problem? You reached the lowest level of Gehennom, fine.
To proceed deeper you need to perform the invocation rite while standing on
a specific square. And there's always stairs up; look under every item.

Janis

Janis Papanagnou <Janis_Papanagnou@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Haakon Studebaker wrote:
>> My samurai has made it all the way to DL46 and is XL19. I dug out the
>> entire level looking for a downstairs and an upstairs to no avail.
>> Even using a glass orb I'm unable to find any way out other than the
>> way I came in. I even dug a pit and discovered the floor is too hard
>> to dig any further than a pit.
>
> What exactly is the problem? You reached the lowest level of Gehennom,
> fine. To proceed deeper you need to perform the invocation rite while
> standing on a specific square. And there's always stairs up; look
> under every item.
>
> Janis

After clearing out the room, I walked over every tile and didn't get
anything about vibration. I got into the wizard's tower, discovered one
of the hilarious properties of the Book of the Dead and now I'm trying to
find my way into Vlad's Tower for the candelabrum.

Jesus, I've been playing this game too much today.

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> Janis Papanagnou <Janis_Papanagnou@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> >> My samurai has made it all the way to DL46 and is XL19. I dug out the
> >> entire level looking for a downstairs and an upstairs to no avail.
> >> Even using a glass orb I'm unable to find any way out other than the
> >> way I came in. I even dug a pit and discovered the floor is too hard
> >> to dig any further than a pit.
> >
> > What exactly is the problem? You reached the lowest level of Gehennom,
> > fine. To proceed deeper you need to perform the invocation rite while
> > standing on a specific square. And there's always stairs up; look
> > under every item.
> >
> > Janis
>
> After clearing out the room, I walked over every tile and didn't get
> anything about vibration. I got into the wizard's tower, discovered one
> of the hilarious properties of the Book of the Dead and now I'm trying to
> find my way into Vlad's Tower for the candelabrum.

Ouch ! Waking up Rodney *before* having the candelabrum and finding the
VB... Have fun.

You have moved every singlt object in that last level, have you ? The VB
may hide behind a rock or similar stuff. Or maybe the message has gone
unoticed because you stepped on in during a fight or something similar.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Jym <moyen@loria.fr> wrote in

> Ouch ! Waking up Rodney *before* having the candelabrum and finding
> the VB... Have fun.
>
> You have moved every singlt object in that last level, have you ? The
> VB may hide behind a rock or similar stuff. Or maybe the message has
> gone unoticed because you stepped on in during a fight or something
> similar.
>
> Hypocoristiquement,
> Jym.

I've never gotten this far before and didn't know there was a particular
order that most people followed! So far I've killed Rodney five times, I
wonder if I kill him 120 more then he won't come back.

Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> After clearing out the room, I walked over every tile and didn't get
> anything about vibration.

You did not levitate, do you?

Janis

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> Jym <moyen@loria.fr> wrote in
>
> > Ouch ! Waking up Rodney *before* having the candelabrum and finding
> > the VB... Have fun.

> I've never gotten this far before and didn't know there was a particular
> order that most people followed! So far I've killed Rodney five times, I
> wonder if I kill him 120 more then he won't come back.

The point is once Rodney wake up (and is killed), he keep coming back and
back, each time more powerful, and each time calling for double troubles,
massives curse or summoning storm...

So usually, people (at leastme) try to kill Rodney at the latest possible
moment, that is when both the Bell and the Candelabrum have been
retrieved, the VB found, and paths from stair-to-stairs dug out in each
and every single level of the dungeon (for a faster run to the top).

This allow a typical 5-10 kills of Rodney for the whole game, which is
already more than enough.

I don't think Rodney will be extinct after being killed 120 times, anyway.

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

Janis Papanagnou <Janis_Papanagnou@hotmail.com> writes:
> Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> > After clearing out the room, I walked over every tile and didn't get
> > anything about vibration.
>
> You did not levitate, do you?

Even if you're levitating, you'll still feel the vibration "beneath
you" (rather than "under your feet").

: "Hi! I'm Prozac the Bear!" :
: -- Prozac the Bear, "Triangle and Robert" :

Jym wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> The point is once Rodney wake up (and is killed), he keep coming back and
> back, each time more powerful, and each time calling for double troubles,
> massives curse or summoning storm...

Does he come back more powerful each time? This is new to me

Marky Mark wrote:
> Jym wrote:

>> The point is once Rodney wake up (and is killed), he keep coming
>> back and back, each time more powerful, and each time calling for
>> double troubles, massives curse or summoning storm...

> Does he come back more powerful each time? This is new to me

It is true, however.

Every time he is resurrected, his experience level is one higher,
meaning more HP and better spells, on the average.

--
Boudewijn.

"Would those who believe in telekinesis please raise my hand?"
- Maarten Pieters, in NRC Handelsblad.

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> Marky Mark wrote:
>>Jym wrote:
>
>>>The point is once Rodney wake up (and is killed), he keep coming
>>>back and back, each time more powerful, and each time calling for
>>>double troubles, massives curse or summoning storm...
>
>>Does he come back more powerful each time? This is new to me
>
> It is true, however.
>
> Every time he is resurrected, his experience level is one higher,
> meaning more HP and better spells, on the average.

Indeed. But wasn't there a limit, at least? Something like starting
with level 30 and until he is level 50, or so?

Janis

Janis Papanagnou wrote:
> Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
>
>> Marky Mark wrote:

>>> Does he come back more powerful each time? This is new to me
>>

>> It is true, however.
>>
>> Every time he is resurrected, his experience level is one higher,
>> meaning more HP and better spells, on the average.
>

> Indeed. But wasn't there a limit, at least? Something like starting
> with level 30 and until he is level 50, or so?

Yes, his maximum level is 49.